Connect with us

News

Spanish Princess Becomes The First Royal To Die From COVID-19

Rest in peace, Red Princess…

A A A
  • Spanish Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma recently died from coronavirus (COVID-19), according to an official announcement by her family.
  • She died last March 26, 2020 in Paris. She was 86 years old.
  • Princess Maria Teresa was the third royal victim of the dreaded disease, after Prince Charles of Wales also tested positive of the virus.

Spain’s Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma or also known as the “Red Princess” recently passed away after contracting the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19). She was the first royal blood to die from the said virus.

The 86-year-old princess was a cousin of Spanish King Felipe VI. Her passing on March 26, 2020 was announced by the Princess’ brother, Prince Sixto Enrique de Borbon, the Duke of Aranjuez on their official Facebook page.

“S.A.R. Don Sixto Enrique de Borbón communicates that this Thursday, March 26, 2020, has passed away in Paris, at eight-six years old, his sister Maria Teresa de Bourbon Parma and Bourbon Busset, victim of coronavirus COVID-19,” an English translation of the prince’s announcement in Spanish, reads.

Her death came weeks after Spain’s King Felipe VI tested negative of the virus.

Princess Maria Teresa was born in Paris on July 28, 1933. She studied in France and became a Paris’ Sorbonne professor; and a professor of Sociology in Madrid’s Complutense University, Fox News reported.

She was known for her views in sociology, women right, and for being outspoken on different activist work that led to her nickname the “Red Princess.” She was also a member of the House of Bourbon-Parma which is known as a cadet branch of the Spanish royal family, the Insider wrote.

The funeral rights for Prince Maria Teresa was held last Friday in Madrid.

Earlier this week, Queen Elizabeth II’s eldest son, Prince Charles of Wales, became the first British royal to be tested positive for COVID-19. He is now in self-isolation at Balmoral Castle in Sctoland.

Prince Charles fell ill of the virus after his meeting with Prince Albert of Monaco, who also tested positive. The latter is being treated by doctors at the Princess Grace Hospital, named after his late mother Grace Kelly.

Prince Albert told People Magazine that the virus can infect anyone and does not discriminate.

“There’s a lot of cases of people younger than 60 contracting it. It can hit anybody of any age,” Prince Albert shared.

News

The World Has A New Pollution Problem: Improperly-Disposed Face Masks!

“That some masks could have been used by infected people adds an especially worrying threat.”

  • The world is facing a new environmental problem as some people are irresponsibly-disposing their face masks.
  • Environmental groups have warned that this can be dangerous for marine life.
  • Meanwhile, experts have also explained that masks worn by COVID-19-infected individuals can pose a health threat to the public.

Continue Reading

News

U.S. Now Has The World’s Most Number of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

President Donald Trump said it is “a tribute to the amount of testing that we’re doing.”

Continue Reading

News

Coronavirus May Last in Europe For About 2 Years, Says Chinese Expert

Europe’s battle against COVID-19 might still be far from over.

  • Infectious diseases expert Zhang Wenhong recently said that coronavirus (COVID-19) could possibly last up to 2 years in Europe.
  • Healthcare workers are currently getting overwhelmed with the increasing number of cases and deaths in Italy, Spain, and Germany.
  • According to Zhang, extreme measures need to be taken if they hope to get the pandemic under control.

Continue Reading

Trending