- Prince Charles is now in self-isolation at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, along with Camilla, who tested negative.
- He fell ill after he attended an event in London, where Prince Albert of Monaco, who also has the virus, was present.
- The Queen “remains in good health.”
The 71-year-old heir to the throne has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now in self-isolation at Balmoral Castle in Scotland. The Prince of Wales has fallen ill after meeting Prince Albert of Monaco, who tested positive five days after he and Prince Charles sat opposite each other at a London event on March 10.
A spokesman for the Clarence House, the official residence of Charles and his spouse, Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, said: “The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
He added that the Camilla has also been tested but came up negative.
It was not clear whether Prince Charles got the virus from Prince Albert, since the former had several large public engagements during the recent weeks.
The two princes at a WaterAid event in London.
Charles briefly saw the Queen on March 12 during the investitures. Queen Elizabeth II “remains in good health,” according to the palace.
This recent development has raised fears over the health of elderly royals, including his mother and Prince Philip. But it was cleared that Charles has not seen his father for many weeks.
The other members of the family are assumed to be safe as well. Prince William and Kate are at Norfolk, while Prince Harry and Meghan are in Canada. Both couples last saw Charles on March 9 during the Commonwealth service at Westminster.
Despite this, the Prince of Wales is said to be in good spirits. Doctors have said that the 71-year-old royal is in good health. Dr. Sarah Brewer, a former GP, said Charles ”good diet and healthy lifestyle’ should protect him from any complications of COVID-19.
Brewer added that the prince should stay away from relatives that are not living in his household. The same rule applies to everyone else, she said.
Philippine Politicians Are Allegedly Abusing Their Power To Get VIP Treatment on COVID-19 Tests
According to reports, “VIP” politicians are being tested ahead of frontliners and patients with COVID-19 symptoms.
- A series of screenshot conversations have surfaced online, showing how several politicians in the Philippines allegedly demanded to have their swab samples be tested first, before patients who are really sick.
- There are reports where some patients suspected of contracting the virus died without being tested, due to the test kit shortage
- Some politicians even bragged about being tested negative and also mentioned that they were tested right at the comfort of their homes or offices.
Filipino Frontliners Are Using Improvised PPEs To Address Shortage
They made their own PPEs using trash bags and plastic bags.
- The medical staff of St Jude Hospital in Los Banos, Laguna in the Philippines are currently lacking personal protective equipment (PPE) as they lead the battle against coronavirus.
- The frontliners eventually came up with an idea to make improvised PPEs which using plastic bags and trash bags.
- Their photos went viral online and many have since hailed these frontliners as heroes.
Jack Ma to Donate 4 Million Face Masks, 600,000 Test Kits for Asia and Latin America
Thank you, Jack Ma!
- Chinese billionaire Jack Ma has pledged to donate a massive amount of face masks, testing kits, personal protective equipments, and ventilators.
- The generous tech mogul has confirmed that his foundation will send much-needed medical supplies and equipment to several countries in Asia and Latin America.
- In the Philippines, he also collaborated with boxing legend Manny Pacquiao to donate COVID-19 test kits.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG6 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News7 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”