Spiders normally aren’t anything to be scared of. Unless you happen to be Little Miss Muffet. Or you live in Australia. Or you’re this little girl from the UK who had to undergo surgery after a spider took a chunk off her hand.
Eight-year-old Abbie Kinnaird was rushed to the hospital for surgery and a skin graft after a brown recluse spider decided her left hand looked like a tasty snack.
Still reeling from her painful experience.
Brown recluse spiders are one of the most venomous spiders in North America. Their bites have often proven to be fatal.
They don’t look like much, really.
In fact, they appear like many other similar spiders. One has to look closely at their six eyes arranged in pairs to identify them.
Abbie’s family home in Essex happened to have a spider infestation. The pest control people warned the family they had to vacate the home for a few weeks.
This happened after one pest control personnel spotted a couple of brown recluse spiders and false widows. However, once he started spraying, more of them appeared.
He told Abbie’s family there might be more of the critters hiding in clothing and toys, and there was a definite risk of them remaining until the pest control company completed the spraying process.
Unfortunately, the warning came too late. Abbie was in the bathroom when a rogue brown recluse rappelled down the ceiling.
…and took a bite off her hand.
The brown recluse spider’s bite is typically painless, but the bite site worsens from the venom which kills off the skin. This necrosis leads to huge holes from such a tiny puncture.
Abbie’s bite started as a small red spot.
It turned into a sore, became inflamed, then blackened.
The spider venom also caused bumps to rise on her arm, so she was rushed to the hospital to get an antibiotic drip in preparation for surgery.
By that time, the bite had progressed to this:
Now the poor girl is terrified of spiders and refuses to return to her home, even after it’s been emptied of every venomous critter.
Can you see the fear behind that courageous smile?
Abbie is lucky to have survived. A five-year-old from Alabama in the U.S. died after a brown recluse spider bit him in November 2014. Abbie spent four days in the hospital for a surgery and a skin graft.
So yes, beware of the brown recluse spider!
Watch Salmon Race Across The Road On Their Way To Spawn
These badass salmon proved only dead fish go with the flow!
The video below, taken in Washington, shows us an unusual ‘salmon race’ happening not on water but, oddly, on a road. Sure, it sounds unbelievable but believe us, I wouldn’t believe it too if I didn’t saw the footage myself.
Uploaded by Shannon Adams on both Facebook and YouTube, the short clip has since gained a lot of online attention from curious netizens across the world.
In the video’s description on YouTube, Shannon shared the explanation behind the strange incident.
Heartbreaking Video Reveals The Harsh Reality Behind Elephant Tourism
You will never ride an elephant again after watching this video.
We all love elephants. As kids, we all looked forward to seeing elephants perform on the circus. There’s always something exciting about watching these huge animals do their tricks. Growing up as adults, riding one is probably on your list when you go on vacation somewhere in Southeast Asia.
Unknown to most of us, however, is the tragic reality behind the elephant tourism industry.
Elephants are tor tured before they become “useful” for elephant tourism.
Giant Crocodile Gets Rescued After Getting Stuck in a Canal While Looking for Food
OMG! That’s probably one of the biggest crocodiles ever!
I’ll admit it right here – few creatures scare me more than a crocodile.
I mean I’ve seen these creatures locked in zoos but each time I do, I couldn’t help but imagine how terrible it would be if a person accidentally fell into the cage. Those big sharp teeth are definitely the stuff of nightmares! I should probably blame the movies for my paranoia.
Recently, however, a real life giant crocodile was found by wildlife department authorities in Sri Lanka. The massive reptile was stuck in a canal while it was searching for something to eat. It was found in the city of Matara in a canal leading to the river of Nilawala. Apparently, it got stuck in a canal while searching for food after water levels rose because of heavy rain.
Like Us On Facebook
Chinese Farm Couple’s Viral ‘Rural-Style Shuffle Dance’ Helps Hubby Fight Depression
Men Spend 7 Hours A Year Hiding In The Bathroom For Peace And Quiet, Study Reveals
Six Individuals Contract COVID-19 After Partying in Zurich Nightclub, 300 Others Under Quarantine
13 Lone Protesters Spotted Standing Against Racism In The U.S.
- Sci/Tech6 days ago
Show Your Smile With The World’s First FDA-Approved Transparent N99+ Mask
- Interesting7 days ago
Cat With Split-Colored Face Fathers Kittens Who Inherited Each of His Colors
- News3 days ago
Brand-New Lamborghini Gets Wrecked Just 20 Minutes After Leaving the Dealership
- People3 days ago
Meet “Plant Daddy,” A Guy Who Spent $5,000 Buying 200 Species of House Plants