- A bride-to-be had an unusual request for her fiance when it was time for their engagement party.
- The Malaysian woman wanted her husband-to-be to bring some KFC fried chicken to be added on the dowry tray.
- Not surprisingly, the couple immediately sealed the deal although they somehow ignored the usual Malaysian customs.
Most brides would probably want to have all the available luxuries on their wedding day. However, one Malaysian woman didn’t need expensive jewelry or money when she agreed to get married. The only thing she wanted to seal the deal was a bucket of fried chicken on the dowry tray.
The woman, who goes by the name Ayu, shared her unusual request from her husband-to-be on social media. During their engagement party, the couple needed to fill five ‘dulang hantaran’ or dowry trays. Although the first four trays had the usual ‘hantaran’ or gifts, Ayu asked her fiance to bring some KFC fried chicken for the fifth tray. Not surprisingly, the young man delivered.
The fried chicken was placed on the fifth dowry tray.
According to Ayu, her husband-to-be wasn’t really concerned about breaking customs. However, he wondered who he could send to find his beloved’s fried chicken.
“He was only worried who would make a run to buy the chicken. I told him if it was difficult, gift something else and he kept quiet until the day itself, ” Ayu wrote. “I did not expect he would actually send KFC as a dowry.”
It might be a huge surprise for many but Ayu admitted that she loves KFC fried chicken so much that she wanted it to be part of her engagement.
Who doesn’t love KFC fried chicken?
The fried chicken was certainly an unusual sight to see on a dowry tray but it didn’t go to waste. According to Ayu, the bucket of fried chicken was promptly consumed at the end of the engagement party.
It’s an awesome and hilarious story that proves that you don’t need to spend a fortune to get married.
Couple Ties The Knot Wearing Shirts And Jeans To Prove Weddings Don’t Have To Cost A Fortune
A wedding isn’t all about the glamour – but the love between the bride and groom.
- Glen and Rebecca Maxwell went viral after proving that weddings do not have to be expensive.
- The couple wore shirts and jeans on their big day.
- Netizens have since praised the pair for being practical and focusing on what matters most - the celebration of their love.
Supportive Great-Grandparents Dress Up For 5-Year-Old ‘Up’ Fan’s Birthday Photoshoot
This lucky kid has wonderful great-grandparents!
Over the years, Pixar has proven its appeal to both young and old movie fans. Audiences of all ages are always entertained by the colorful and heartwarming stories produced by the studio in the past and the present.
Female Students Enraged After Teacher Forcefully Wipes Off Their Make-Up
Was he too harsh or did he do the right thing?
- A Chinese teacher recently sparked outrage after he forcefully wiped off the makeup of female students before letting them enter the school.
- A representative defended that the school prohibits its students from wearing heavy make-up and that the teacher was only doing his job.
- Others, however, are calling out the teacher for the 'inappropriate' method.