Not all that glitters are gold and not all cute jewelries are safe to wear. After you learn how a piece of jewelry almost destroyed the life of a mother and her kids, your fascination on accessories might just change. It’s not that you shouldn’t wear a piece anymore, but be extra careful of what you wear and don’t be deceived by the sparkles and shines.
Jo Wollacott from the United Kingdom began to manifest strange symptoms until she wasn’t herself anymore. Doctors who saw her were not so sure what was wrong with her, but they were reportedly convinced that she was on drugs. Jo explained:
“I was also in hospital for a few days with hallucinations — I did not know what was going on…Doctors could not work out what was wrong with me. They did not know what medication to put me on.”
Jo Wollacott is a victim of a toxic bracelet being sold online.
Jo did not only suffer from hallucinations, abscesses, hives and mental health worries but she also dealt with serious nausea and had broken out in hives. All of which are signs that she was on drugs but the results on her blood tests claimed she was clean.
Since experts could not pinpoint the true problem, the mother of two got trapped in her mysterious situation. Her life began to fall apart. She broke up with her boyfriend and later lost her job until she had no other choice but to sell her house to support their financial needs. She almost hit rock bottom when she finally discovered what was causing her condition.
The 40-year-old mom experienced serious hallucinations, hives, absesses and mental health issues when she started wearing the bracelet.
Jo received a letter from her son’s school. It was a notice giving warning to parents about the toxic effects of jequirity bean bracelets that were starting a craze that time. Apparently, Jo ordered a piece for herself via eBay. And upon tracking down the timeline of her weird condition, she said she began seeing symptoms when she started wearing the bracelet. She said:
“The letter had a picture of my bracelet on. When I got the warning letter, I came home and got the bracelet and realized how long I’d been wearing it for…I couldn’t believe it. When I found out hallucinations were part of the side effects of the bead poisoning, I started to piece things together.”
Luckily, Jo recovered from the toxins that almost wrecked her life entirely and is now warning others about the piece of jewelry.
The jewelry dubbed as “love beads” is derived from the deadly seed of the Peruvian plant “abrus precatorious.” According to science, the seed contains the toxin abrin, which can kill in doses as small as 3 micrograms. Abrin is already banned under the Terrorism Act, like ricin, as it can be used in chemical warfare.
Abrus precatorius, known commonly as Jequirity, Crab’s eye, and Rosary Pea.
Ingestion of a single seed, well chewed, can be fatal to both adults and children.
So the next time you buy an accessory, be sure to ask the material used in the jewelry piece first. Don’t fall easily for pretty things and do a little research if it’s safe for you or not.
Watch the clip below to know more details about Jo Wollacott’s terrifying experience:
3,800-Ft-High Glass Walkway in China ‘Cracks’ When Tourists Walk On It
Who thought of this?!
You may have heard of China's hanging glass skywalk in the East Taihang Mountains, Handan City, in north China's Hebei Province. The glass bridge is suspended 1,180 meters above sea level, and it stretches 266 meters in length. Walking on the famous attraction and structure is already scary in itself, so the thought of it cracking beneath your feet is surely beyond terrifying.
In perhaps the cruelest of marketing ideas, the management of the glass skywalk thought it would be fun to add a shattering glass special effect, complete with cracking sounds, to the already horrifying experience.
A video of a tour guide freaking out after seeing the special effects recently went viral.
Man Fed Up Of Nagging And Controlling Wife, Lived Secretly In The Woods For Ten Years
A man left his controlling wife and lived secretly in the woods. You will be surprised though on how fed up he was with his wife after knowing how long he managed to stay away from home.
Marriage can become complicated, most especially when you got yourself a partner who nags at you all the time for even the tiniest reason. So before you jump into a lifetime commitment, make sure that you are compatible with your partner so you won’t have to live a life of a dead person just like how Malcolm Applegate did when he decided to run away from his marriage.
Let’s be fair and admit it that not all husbands are cruel. There are also those who do everything they can to please their spouses. There are men who can stretch their patience to the fullest just so they can live up with the ways of their wives, but they also have their limits that can make them quit when the nagging already becomes impossible.
This man can finally say he's living a better life after he ran away from home a decade ago.
Woman Uses Screwdriver To Pop Wrist Cyst And Liquid Gummy Bears Start Coming Out
It’s either you’ll enjoy the video or find it repulsive.
Cyst popping videos - it's either you find it fascinating or you abhor it. There are hundreds to thousands of videos showing people getting their zits or cysts popped, with or without professional help. However, this one from July 2016 is somewhat interesting because of one thing – a screwdriver was used to drain the cyst.
Although the video was from last year, it recently resurfaced and became viral, tormenting those who dread cyst-popping videos. A woman named Nicolette Madanat suffered from a huge ganglion cyst or sacs that are filled with fluid found on her wrist. She would drain it often until she decided to document doing it with a screwdriver.