One of the most feared hospital procedures is surgery. Aside from the fact that the doctor will open you up, there are a lot of risks involved such as infection and other complications. However, for one woman in Japan, the negligence of the surgical team almost cost her life.
- 2.4G Wireless & Rechargeable: Advanced 2.4GHz wireless technology ensure stable transmission. Up to 30ft / 10m working distance, no delay or dropouts. The mouse with rechargeable function, no need change battery.
- Quiet and Durable Click: Left and right button super silent design is perfect for the places such as offices, libraries,home etc where you don’t want disturb others or interrupt your concentration. Up to 5-million-click keystroke test.
- Cool LED Light: 7 soothing LED light will change randomly while in use, makes your mouse multi-colored and cool for gaming. The LED light can’t be set to one specific color but you can turn it off by the bottom switch whenever you want.
- Plug and Play: Comes with a USB receiver( stored in the package with charging cable), plug and play, no other driver required. 3 adjustable DPI (800,1600,2400)-control your cursor speed freely to meet different demand.
- Wide Compatibility: Well compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Win7/8,10, Mac OS system. Fits for desktop, laptop, PC, computer. (Note: The mouse will be in sleeping mode if it is not used after 10 minutes to save energy, pls press any button to wake it up.)
The 42-year-old woman, who remains unidentified, complained of abdominal bloating for three years before having a consultation at a primary clinic. Upon examination, the doctors were able to feel two masses on each side of the pelvic area.
A CT scan showed two masses, which confirmed the previous assessment of the doctors.
So, they decided to perform a laparotomy, a surgical procedure that allows access to the abdominal cavity. The doctors were shocked to find two gauze sponges that had attached to the patient’s omentum, a tissue that is responsible for connecting the stomach to the other structures in the abdomen.
The doctors found two surgical sponges in the woman’s abdominal cavity.
It turns out, the patient had undergone two cesarean sections (CS) in the past, which were done nine years ago and six years ago. The doctors concluded that the sponges were left in her abdomen for six years, which explains why the sponges were able to grow into the fibrous blobs.
- Fun with Buzz Light-year: it's classic operation gameplay featuring Disney/Pixar toy Story's beloved Buzz Light-year
- 11 intergalactic ailments: the game has 11 hilarious intergalactic ailment pieces including a squeaky solar socket, cracked cosmic cuff, and blaster disaster
- Avoid the buzzer: use the tweezers to collect the funny ailments and help Buzz Light-year and his spaceship recover. But if the buzzer sounds while removing the parts, that player's turn is over
- Game for ages 6 and up: This game for children 6 years and up is a great choice for your young kids to play on a rainy day, if they're home sick, or for play dates and overnights
- Play the game solo: even if they're alone, kids can choose to play the buzz Light-year operation game by themselves and practice avoiding the buzzer
When the sponges were removed, the woman’s symptoms improved. The case, which was reported in the New England Journal of Medicine, shows that these things happen due to the negligence of some healthcare professionals. The sad reality is, this incident happens all the time, so often that there is already a diagnosis for it – gossypiboma, which means cotton wool tumor.
Accidentally leaving surgical instruments or retained foreign objects in the body may cause various symptoms.
A report says that the incident ranges from 1 in 5,500 operations to about in 18,760 operations. However, gynecological surgeries have a greater risk of these incidents due to the fact that the pelvic area is harder to reach and have more recesses to lose a sponge or an instrument.
25 Times People Won At Life By Being Hilariously Creative
Where was creativity when I needed it the most?
Creativity is an interesting skill to use on a daily basis. But when it is combined with a good opportunity, things can become a bit more interesting. In fact, you have most likely used this combination in the past. You know, the kind of experience in which you were just lucky to be creative at the right time.
Elite Readers has compiled a list of people who, in one way or another, went with the same length. Their works are so creative that it is almost a crime not to mention them. So, without further ado, here they are!
#1. Running out of laces? Use these.
Chilling Footage Shows Man Leaving A Baby On The Street At -20 Degrees Temperature
He left the poor baby during the time when the temperature plunged to -20 degrees.
The police are now looking for a man who abandoned a baby on the street in China at the wee hours, with the temperature plummeting to -20 degrees Celsius.
The chilling moment was captured by a CCTV monitor and it was released for the public to see if they know who the man is. The suspect can be seen putting the infant outside a hospital before running away in one of China's coldest cities, Jiamusi.
The man carried the baby in his arms near a hospital in China.
Lucky Toddler Survives After Pencil Pierced Her Eye and Brain While Playing
She was one lucky girl who escaped death by a millimeter.
Coloring and drawing can be one of the most innocent activities for a toddler but what not many people realize is that it can be potentially dangerous. Imagine the horror of parents who, instead of feeling proud about their daughter's work of art, saw that a pencil the tot used to draw had just pierced her eye.
Two-year-old Wren Bowell had been drawing in her bedroom and ran outside toward her parents to show her work. On her way, she tripped over the stairgate and the pencil that was in her hand impaled her eye and went into her brain.
Wren tripped and fell while holding a pencil that pierced her eye.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG6 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News7 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”