- Jenna Myers Karvunidis, who invented gender reveal parties, tells people to stop after the latest wildfire in San Bernardino County.
- These parties have evolved from the traditional cake slicing to using extreme tricks to create more drama for the reveal.
- Wildfires, millions worth of damages, and at least one death occurred as a result. Now Karvunidis is condemning these excessive celebrations.
In 2008, Jenna Myers Karvunidis celebrated a gender reveal party with family and friends.
By slicing a cake which showed a pink frosting inside, they all found out that she and her husband were having a baby girl.
Karvunidis wrote about the occasion on her blog, High Gloss and Sauce, and it captured a lot of people’s attention.
However, gender reveal parties have since become more ostentatious and more dangerous through the years.
In Iowa, a grandmother died when a family unintentionally built a pipe bomb for the party. Instead of the blue or pink powder, the entire device exploded when the device went off. A piece of shrapnel hit and killed the grandmom, who was standing 45 feet away, according to CNN.
On April 23, 2017, a wildfire which started near Green Valley, Arizona and eventually spread to the Coronado State Forest also occurred due to a gender reveal party.
Guests shot at a Tannerite-packed, makeshift target with the words ‘Boy’ and ‘Girl’ written on it. When the target exploded, a blue cloud bursted and ignited the surrounding bush. Consequently, the flames spread, causing the Sawmill Fire.
Overall, a total of 47, 000 acres burned because of the wildfire as it lasted about a week. The expectant father was ordered to pay $8,188,069 for the damages… and yes, it was a boy.
Similarly, a Tannerite and a weapon used in a gender reveal party caused a 10-acre bush fire also in April.
Just this Saturday morning, another wildfire broke out at the El Dorado Ranch Park in Yucaipa.
Authorities say that a smoke-generating pyrotechnic device used at the reveal party caused the fire, which burned over 8,600 acres, CNN reported.
Because of these tragic incidents, Karvunidis is now asking the people to stop.
On her Facebook, she wrote:
Stop having these stupid parties. For the love of God, stop burning things down to tell everyone about your kid’s penis. No one cares but you.
It was 116 degrees in Pasadena yesterday and this tool thought it would be smart to light a fire about his kid’s d—. Toxic masculinity is men thinking they need to explode something because simply enjoying a baby party is for sissies.
Excuse me for having a cake for my family in 2008. Just because I’m the gEnDeR rEvEaL iNVeNtoR doesn’t mean I think people should burn down their communities.
Guy Gives His Pet Cats Cartoony Facial Expressions Using Cute Cut Outs
Cats just became more adorable than ever!
- Cat owner Adrian recently made waves online after sharing the adorable photos of his pets Atlas and CleoCatra.
- In a BoredPanda feature, we learn that Adrian got inspired to give his kitties their own cartoony eyes and mouths after seeing masks with different facial expressions.
Zombie Cicadas’ Plagued by Mind-Controlling Fungus, Now Back in West Virginia
You think zombies are unreal? Check out these “zombie cicadas” found in West Virginia!
- A third batch of "zombie cicadas" with "disturbing display of B-horror movie proportions" was found in West Virginia.
- These cicadas have been infected by the parasitic Massospora fungus.
- The fungus eats away at the cicadas bodies, replacing the lost tissues with fungal tissues.
- Despite this, the insects stay alive while the fungus controls their minds.
- As a result, the infected cicadas become sex-crazed and transmits the fungus into healthy cicadas.
Two Canadian Arctic Ice Caps Are Completely Gone, Satellite Image Shows
According to experts, this is a clear indication that climate change is affecting the Arctic at a faster level.
- The newest satellite images from NASA are showing that Canada's St. Patrick Bay ice caps are now gone.
- Originally predicted to last five years in 2017, the glaciers proved that the climate change is affecting the Arctic much faster.
- Since the Okjökull glacier disappeared, the rest of the ice caps have started shrinking drastically.
- Experts believe this is a much-needed wake-up call for people to pay more attention to the effects of climate change.
World’s First Happiness Museum Opens in Denmark
Why Nevada’s U.S. Route 50 Is Called “The Loneliest Road In America”
Simple and Easy: How to Make a Self-Watering Planter
Stranded American Backpacker Adopted by Family in a Remote Village