- New South Wales, Australia has launched a campaign they call ‘Operation Rock Wallaby.’
- The project aims to prevent deaths among animals who survived the wildfire by dropping vegetables from the sky.
- So far, thousands of kilograms of carrots and sweet potatoes have been dropped in many areas.
Not all heroes wear capes but yes, some of them do fly high up in the skies and look down below as they help out those in need.
Case in point, New South Wales officials came up with a unique and inspiring mission that aims to benefit the animals affected by the destructive wildfire in Australia. To feed the hungry surviving animals, they used planes and dropped carrots and sweet potatoes from above.
Modern-day heroes: Operation Rock Wallaby is dropping food from the skies of New South Wales.
New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service recently launched ‘Operation Rock Wallaby’ to save animal wildfire survivors – such as kangaroos, koalas, and yes, rock wallabies, among others – from starvation.
So far, the project has dropped thousands of kilograms of vegetables in several areas within the state.
Matt Kean, environment minister of New South Wales, shared that wallabies are among the most affected species which is definitely a bad thing, considering that their numbers have already been decreasing way before the terrible tragedy.
“One happy customer,” tweeted Matt Kean as he shared the photo of a wallaby.
In a statement, Kean also explained:
“The provision of supplementary food is one of the key strategies we are deploying to promote the survival and recovery of endangered species like the brush-tailed rock-wallaby. The wallabies typically survive the fire itself, but are then left stranded with limited natural food as the fire takes out the vegetation around their rocky habitat.”
According to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), about 1.25 billion animal lives have been claimed by the bushfire. The operation is hoping to prevent further deaths by feeding millions of animals in the burned ecosystem.
Watch the video here:
Sweet Filipina Woman Proposes To Her Boyfriend – And He Said Yes!
“Who says only men can propose?”
- Cheska Galvez and Ulvic Berdecen have been together as a couple for a year.
- In a viral video, we see cheska dropping on her knee to propose - and Ulvic said yes.
- The sweet proposal video has since gained over 1 million views on Facebook.
Romantic Guy Proposes To His Girlfriend By ‘Hacking’ Her Favorite Disney Movie
Hands down the best proposal EVER!
- Filmmaker Lee Loechler and his girlfriend Sthuthi David went viral because of his sweet proposal video.
- Lee 'hacked' Sleeping Beauty, her favorite Disney film, and she had the best reaction ever.
In Indiana, You Can Pay Off Your Parking Tickets With Animal Shelter Donations
How would you like to pay your parking tickets in cat food?
- Muncie Police Department has achieved online fame after their unique campaign captured everyone's attention.
- Instead of asking individuals with parking tickets to pay with money, they are receiving donations for cats in a local animal shelter.
- Netizens have commended the cops for helping the felines and many have since sent their donations, including those without parking tickets.
Like Us On Facebook
Daredevil Tried Proving Earth Is Flat, Dies After Launching Himself in Homemade Rocket
Teacher Stumbles Upon an Adorable Sight of Three Baby Bears “Dancing” in the Forest
A Puppy Who Can’t Walk Becomes Friends With a Pigeon Who Can’t Fly
Teen Girl Shares Sad Story of Living In The Wuhan Outbreak
A “Prophet” in Malawi Allegedly Sells Soap That Can Wash Away Your Sins
Is Quaden Bayles Really 18 Years Old and His Bullying Story a Scam?
Woman Captures Powerful “Eye of the Storm” Photo When Storm Ciara Subsided
Calf Born on Valentine’s Day Has a Perfect Heart-Shaped Mark on Her Forehead