- An 89-year-old woman named Maisie Green decided to keep the shelter dogs warm during winter with homemade blankets and coats.
- She says she enjoys knitting as much as she loves dogs.
- Amazingly, she has knitted over 450 blankets and coats – and the number keeps growing!
Some people have a heart of gold and plenty of time on their hands. An elderly woman has been knitting cozy blankets and adorable coats for shelter dogs for two years. Amazingly, she has produced over 450 special items for the furry friends in need.
Maisie Green is a sweet lady who clearly loves dogs. Back in 2012, the 89-year-old from Basildon in Essex, England learned about the Hope Project Christmas initiative. The project was started by Dogs Trust, a charity organization for shelter dogs which asked people to donate homemade coats and blankets for the pups. Green immediately decided to knit some cozy goodies and has been doing so for several years.
Daniel the Spaniel shows off one of the coats donated to Dogs Trust.
Green donates her knitted blankets and coats to Dogs Trust Basildon, which is her local rehoming center. The sweet lady says she enjoys making the blankets because it brings together two of her favorite things.
“I love knitting and I love dogs, so this combines both wonderfully!” Green said. “It takes me three days to knit a blanket and one day to knit a doggy coat. It keeps me busy and often I like to knit whilst watching television. I’m delighted to be helping the four-legged residents at the centre in some way.”
A good boy poses with several donated blankets and coats.
Not surprisingly, the dogs are loving the blankets and coats that Green knits for them. Lisa Cooper, who is the manager at the rehoming center of Dogs Trust Basildon, is happy to receive the items from Green on a regular basis.
“Maisie regularly brings along her knitted donations and we are so grateful for her support,” Cooper said. “With the chill of the Winter months really starting to creep up on us I know our dogs are very pleased to put the items to good use – and love feeling extra cozy!”
We certainly hope that there are more people like Green in our neighborhood. You can donate to Dogs Trust here.
Turtle Who Lost Its Legs Gets LEGO Wheelchair From Awesome Veterinarians
Pedro the turtle is certainly loving his new wheels!
- Pedro the box turtle lost both of his hind legs and was having trouble getting around.
- It is unclear how Pedro lost his legs but his owner was worried it would affect the turtle's life.
- Luckily, the veterinarians decided to build a LEGO wheelchair for the adventurous little turtle.
Girl Surprises Stepdad With The Most Heartwarming Father’s Day Gift EVER
He couldn’t help but cry!
- Twitter netizen Sophia Kallie surprised her stepdad with an awesome Father's Day gift.
- According to Sophia, he wrote her inspiring notes everyday for six years.
- Now she took it upon herself to surprise him for Father's Day.
Awesome Kid Makes Bow Ties For Shelter Dogs To Help Them Get Adopted
Even Barack Obama is impressed with this young boy with a heart of gold!
- A young boy named Sir Darius Brown has been making dapper bow ties for shelter animals out of his own pocket.
- The bow ties have been quite effective in making sure dogs and cats who live in animal shelters can find their forever homes.
- Former President Barack Obama has expressed his support for the adorable cause.
Like Us On Facebook
Researchers Confirm Infectious Coronavirus in Hospital Air
Man Gets Robbed Seconds After Withdrawing $200,000 Life Savings
Jason Momoa Restores His Wife’s First Car, A 1965 Mustang, As A Birthday Gift
Woman Infected With COVID-19 Breaks Quarantine Because She Needs to Get Her “Nails Done So Bad”