- Rhiley Morrison, 12, was rushed to the hospital after telling his mom that he “accidentally” swallowed 2 magnets.
- The reality, however, is that he swallowed 54 little magnetic balls to see if it would turn him magnetic.
- Rhiley has ADHD and autism, according to his mother Paige Ward.
A 12-year-old boy had to undergo an emergency surgery after he swallowed 54 little magnets. Apparently, he wanted to find out if doing so would turn him magnetic.
According to reports, Rhiley Morrison had to be taken to the Salford Royal Hospital in England after he told his mom Paige Ward that he swallowed 2 magnets “by accident.” The truth, however, was that he swallowed 54 magnetic balls in two separate occasions because he wanted to see if metal will actually stick to his tummy. An x-ray later revealed the little objects in Rhiley’s stomach and bowel.
Doctors sent Rhiley to the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital where he ended up undergoing a 6-hour operation.
Paige, who is 30, said that her son has ADHD and autism.
She further shared:
“The doctors guessed around 25-30 from the x-ray, but when he came out of surgery they said they got 54.
“I think what made it harder is that I just didn’t understand how or why he would swallow that many.”
Rhiley, added Paige, is so much into science and asked for magnetic toys last Christmas. He also bought the magnetic balls with his saved money.
“He loves experiments, he eventually admitted ‘I tried to stick magnets to me, I wanted to see if this copper would stick to my belly while the magnets were in’. It’s just so silly, but he’s a child and that’s what kids do. He also thought it would be fun seeing them come out the other end,” Paige pointed out.
Now she wants to warn other parents about the danger of little magnetic toys.
“When he did it I thought it was just him, he’s just been silly and done it, but the surgeon said they see this all the time.
“Magnets aren’t toys, they shouldn’t be sold as toys.
“My message to other parents is to just put them in the bin, don’t buy them in the first place.
“The surgeon said that if Rhiley didn’t tell me that day he’d swallowed the magnets he could have died…. Rhiley was lucky but some kids aren’t and won’t be.”
Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes
2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast
Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards
Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway
Man Shocks Reporter on How He’d Spend the Lottery Winnings
Man Joins Search Operation Not Realizing He’s the One Missing
World’s Oldest Rhino Dies in Italian Zoo at 54 Years Old
Meet Quilty – Cat Escape Artist Helping Other Cats Jailbreak
Fans Use American Flag to Save Falling Cat During Football Game in Miami
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture
Entertainment9 months ago
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Could “Unite The People” If He Runs As US President, Says The Undertaker
OMG9 months ago
Pastor Heals People By Farting The ‘Holy Spirit’ On Their Faces
Sci/Tech7 months ago
After Over A Year Into The Pandemic, WHO Finally Admits Coronavirus Airborne Transmission Is Possible
Sci/Tech8 months ago
“Pyramid-Shaped” UFO Videos And Pics Are Authentic, Pentagon Confirms