- Stories of loyal dogs never fail to captivate the hearts of readers.
- Remember Japan’s Hachiko? Turns out Greece has its own version.
- This small-town dog in Greece will teach us a lesson or two about loyalty and love.
A dog from a small town somewhere in Greece waits for his master patiently, every day, for a year and a half. This is quite common amongst canines, but his period of hoping would probably never come to an end because well, dead people don’t come back, do they?
The unnamed white dog, who keeps waiting at a roadside shrine in Nafpaktos, TK, is actually on a hopeless quest. Hari, the dog’s master, had died after an accidental collision with a cement mixer on November 9th, and since then the poor fellow has been waiting near this monument.
The community was surprised by Hari’s death, as his brother also died somewhere nearby, a few years earlier. They then built a roadside shrine at the spot of the incident, which is about seven-and-a-half miles from his home.
Hari’s dog has been staying at the shrine all day, willing his master to return home. Many residents from Nafpaktos tried giving the dog a new shelter and home, but the dog refused to heed the call and kept returning to the monument of his master’s death. The neighbors have since given up, but they still set up a small shelter and provided him with food, water and a blanket.
Since this relates with the real-life dog story of the loyal dog, Hachiko, in Japan, some started calling him the “Hachiko of Nefpaktia.”
In 1860, a Skye terrier named Greyfriars Bobby guarded his owner’s gravesite in Scotland for 14 years. Soon after Bobby’s death in 1872, a statue was unveiled at the corner of Edinburgh’s Candlemaker Row and on George IV Bridge.
During World War II, a factory worker brought home an injured dog which was found by the roadside. After nursing the dog back to health, he named the pup, Fido. Since then, Fido followed his owner around, even to the bus station every day. Unfortunately, Fido’s journey to the bus station never ceased, even after his master got killed during a bombing at the factory in Italy. Also, just last year, after a woman died on a street in Mongolia, her dog kept wandering in the area for months.
If these stories aren’t indication enough, consider the expression “as faithful as a dog!” and maybe, you’ll be convinced to actually adopt one as your own.
13-Year-Old Indigenous Girl Nominated For Global Peace Prize
We need more children like Autumn Peltier.
- An indigenous girl has been nominated for the International Children's Peace Prize.
- The 13-year-old strongly advocates the protection of sacred waters around the world.
- Amazingly, she has been an advocate for clean drinking water since she was only eight years old.
Indiana Prison Accepts Shelter Cats to Help Change Inmates’ Lives
It’s an awesome project that helps both the men and their furry new friends.
- An amazing project has introduced shelter cats to live with prison inmates.
- The inmates learn to care for the felines which help them connect with another living creature and relearn compassion.
- In turn, the cats are taught to trust humans so it would be easier for them to find forever homes.
Woman Who Lost Her Memory Got Engaged To Same Man For The Second Time
Love is truly lovelier the second time around!
- A young woman lost her memory after an accident left her with a serious brain injury.
- Unfortunately, she couldn't remember that she was already married to a man who was truly devoted to her.
- Despite the memory loss, the couple fell in love all over again and have gotten engaged for the second time.
Like Us On Facebook
Lebanese Offer Free Shelters in the Wake of Beirut Blast
Sweet Boyfriend Sits Outside Girlfriend’s Room Everyday After She Tests Positive of COVID-19
Thai Ladyboys Turn Heads in Recent Military Draft
Bridezilla Asks Guests and Family to Submit 250-Word Essays to Be on Guestlist
Tasaday Stone Age Tribe: A Philippines Savage Hoax That Fooled The World
Online Shoppers Got Duped Into Buying Miniature Versions of Full-Size Products
Video Captures The Exact Moment The Beirut Explosion Happened During A Wedding Photoshoot
Artist Creates Alien-Inspired Facehugger Face Mask
- News4 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News6 days ago
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
- News4 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Interesting7 days ago
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands “Barkada” Restaurant to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation