Christmas is that special season in the year that every adult and child looks forward to. And while it’s called different names throughout the world, you can bet that it is very much celebrated almost everywhere. Find out some of the most interesting trivia on Christmas from around the world.
25. UPS delivers around 20 billion cards all over the world all throughout the Holiday season!
24. A German family, the Löschners, have the largest nutcracker collection in the world. They have over 4,000 wooden toys.
23. The very first candy cane was said to have been made in Germany. Now, over two billion of these sweets are made especially for the Christmas season.
22. The largest gingerbread man in the world weighs roughly 466 lbs!
21. Over 33 million real, fresh Christmas trees are sold! Not counted are the artificial ones.
20. Kwanzaa is a Swahili word which means “first fruits of the harvest” and is part of African-American culture. It is celebrated from December 26 to January 1.
19. An average American spends roughly $800 on Christmas shopping
18. A whopping total of $5,000,000 is spent by US shoppers on Christmas gifts for pets alone!
17. Around 17.5 million donuts or sufganiyots, are enjoyed in Israel during Hanukkah. This delicious treat is the country’s way of commemorating the miracle of oil.
16. Hanukkah is a “floating holiday”. It simply means that it is celebrated at different dates every year.
15. The Chinese Lunar New Year is also called by many as the Spring Festival.
14. Each Lunar New Year ushers in a new animal zodiac. 2017 rings in the Year of the Fire Rooster.
13. Did you know that Santa Claus was named after Turkish saint Saint Nicholas? He was known for his great generosity.
12. Did you know that the Santa Claus in a red suit was actually invented by Coca Cola for one of their ads back in the 1930s?
11. The yummy eggnog was first made back in 1607.
10. The best-selling Christmas song of all time is “White Christmas”.
9. The most common Christmas trees are either pine, fir, or spruce evergreen trees.
8. Alabama was the first US state to declare Christmas a legal holiday in 1836.
7. The custom of getting coal for “naughty” children is actually an Italian tradition.
6. There are over 25,000 light bulbs in the Rockefeller Christmas tree.
5. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is a product of a store promotion in Montgomery Ward. A store employee used the idea of Rudolph to sell children’s books, which actually sold over 2 million copies!
4. One out three people worldwide actually celebrate Christmas.
3. If you tally the gifts in “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, they would total over 364!
2. Did you know that Jingle Bells was originally made for Thanksgiving and not Christmas?
1. Boxing Day has and is always celebrated during the 26th of December.
Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes
2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast
Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards
Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway
Man Shocks Reporter on How He’d Spend the Lottery Winnings
Man Joins Search Operation Not Realizing He’s the One Missing
World’s Oldest Rhino Dies in Italian Zoo at 54 Years Old
Meet Quilty – Cat Escape Artist Helping Other Cats Jailbreak
Fans Use American Flag to Save Falling Cat During Football Game in Miami
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture