It’s no secret that not everything we see in movies is real. Filmmakers often spend millions to produce fantastic sets. In some cases, they use CGI to create the stunning locations we see on the big screen, all for the purpose of taking our movie-viewing experience to greater levels.
In most cases, they take inspiration from existing places and then add some elements of fantasy to it. Here are 15 real-life spots that look a lot like those stunning scenes from your favorite movies.
1. “Avatar” and Wisteria tree at Ashikaga Flower Park, Ashikaga, Japan
2. “Avengers: Infinity War” and Banaue Rice Terraces in the Philippines
3. “Avatar” and Bioluminescent Lagoon in Falmouth, Jamaica
4. “The Lord of the Rings” and Basilica Cistern in Turkey
5. “Up” and Tepuy Roraima in Venezuela
6. “Harry Potter” and The Great Hall of the Christ Church College, Oxford University
7. “Avatar” and Waitomo Glowworm Caves in New Zealand
It is incredible to realize that the scenes that amazed us so much in these films are actually inspired by real places and locations. It just goes to show that the world is such a beautiful place, and we don’t even need the power of technology to trick our eyes.
8. “Interstellar” and Snæfellsjökull glacier in Iceland
9. “Game of Thrones” and the city of Dubrovnik, Croatia
10. “The Lord of the Rings” and Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland
11. “Avatar: The Last Airbender” and Mount Fanjing in Tongren, China
12. “Up” and Angel Falls in Venezuela
13. “The Lord of the Rings” and St. Edward’s Church’s door in England
14. “Spirited Away” and Rekishi-no-Yado Kanaguya, Nagano, Japan
15. “Avatar” and Hallelujah Mountains in Zhangjiajie Park, China
Shakespeare once wrote that all the world’s a stage, but these days, maybe it could also be described as a movie set.
Nowadays, incredible computer technology and green screens can create entire worlds inside a film studio but it goes without saying that nothing still beats the awe that cinemagoers feel when seeing incredible landscapes, cool cities, or surreal historical sites from the real world.
‘Game Of Thrones’ Fans Start Petition To Have Season 8 Rewritten And Remade
The petition is already closing in on 1 million signatures!
The sudden change of pace in the final season of Game of Thrones has certainly shocked people. Interestingly, fans have already started a petition asking HBO to rewrite the entire Season 8 and have it produced all over again.
What 27 Bond Girls Look Like Now
#15 looks exactly the same.
James Bond film franchise has graced the silver screen 26 times since 1962. Even though there are seven dreamy actors who played the role of Mr. Bond, we are not going to talk about agent 007 this time.
20 Child Actors Who You Won’t Believe Are All Grown Up Now
#4 is an unbelievable transformation!
Being a child star in Hollywood can set young actors and actresses up for a roller coaster life that will either see their star fade as they become adults or the sky may be the limit as they become the leading men and women of the future. While some of these young stars get into mainstream films and TV by chance auditions that suddenly made them megastars, others have been involved in the entertainment industry since they were toddlers.
Like Us On Facebook
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
U.S. Now Leads the Number of Coronavirus Cases in the World
Service Dog in Training Serves as Stress Reliever for ER Doctors
300 People Dead, 1000 Fall Ill in Iran After Drinking Methanol, Which Was Falsely Claimed to Heal Coronavirus