It’s no secret that not everything we see in movies is real. Filmmakers often spend millions to produce fantastic sets. In some cases, they use CGI to create the stunning locations we see on the big screen, all for the purpose of taking our movie-viewing experience to greater levels.
In most cases, they take inspiration from existing places and then add some elements of fantasy to it. Here are 15 real-life spots that look a lot like those stunning scenes from your favorite movies.
1. “Avatar” and Wisteria tree at Ashikaga Flower Park, Ashikaga, Japan
2. “Avengers: Infinity War” and Banaue Rice Terraces in the Philippines
3. “Avatar” and Bioluminescent Lagoon in Falmouth, Jamaica
4. “The Lord of the Rings” and Basilica Cistern in Turkey
5. “Up” and Tepuy Roraima in Venezuela
6. “Harry Potter” and The Great Hall of the Christ Church College, Oxford University
7. “Avatar” and Waitomo Glowworm Caves in New Zealand
It is incredible to realize that the scenes that amazed us so much in these films are actually inspired by real places and locations. It just goes to show that the world is such a beautiful place, and we don’t even need the power of technology to trick our eyes.
8. “Interstellar” and Snæfellsjökull glacier in Iceland
9. “Game of Thrones” and the city of Dubrovnik, Croatia
10. “The Lord of the Rings” and Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland
11. “Avatar: The Last Airbender” and Mount Fanjing in Tongren, China
12. “Up” and Angel Falls in Venezuela
13. “The Lord of the Rings” and St. Edward’s Church’s door in England
14. “Spirited Away” and Rekishi-no-Yado Kanaguya, Nagano, Japan
15. “Avatar” and Hallelujah Mountains in Zhangjiajie Park, China
Shakespeare once wrote that all the world’s a stage, but these days, maybe it could also be described as a movie set.
Nowadays, incredible computer technology and green screens can create entire worlds inside a film studio but it goes without saying that nothing still beats the awe that cinemagoers feel when seeing incredible landscapes, cool cities, or surreal historical sites from the real world.
Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes
2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast
Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards
Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway
Man Shocks Reporter on How He’d Spend the Lottery Winnings
Man Joins Search Operation Not Realizing He’s the One Missing
World’s Oldest Rhino Dies in Italian Zoo at 54 Years Old
Meet Quilty – Cat Escape Artist Helping Other Cats Jailbreak
Fans Use American Flag to Save Falling Cat During Football Game in Miami
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture