Vacation is the perfect time to disconnect from your normal surroundings. Vacation can also be a time for overindulging and letting go.
With that said, dishonest people see this as an opportunity to take advantage of tourists. Here are 15 brilliant tips to live by when you’re on vacation.
1. They make you think they’re giving you free stuff, but eventually make you pay for it.
A selfie with street artists and performers may seem innocent and free — and they even make you think that it is — until you click that camera and that’s when some of them will demand payment.
Scammers will also tie “friendship bracelets” around your wrist. While you may think it was a cute gesture to welcome you to their place, they actually want you to pay for it.
2. Bring spare passport photos, debit and credit cards, camera batteries.
3. You should always bring emergency money.
4. Get to know the locals.
There’s no experience more authentic than meeting the locals. Be open-minded and show respect.
5. Double check when renting a motorbike/scooter rentals, some are stolen or damaged and will let you pay for it.
Scammers are everywhere and they will always find an opportunity to trick unexpected tourists.
6. Take photos of the jet ski before using it to avoid being accused of causing damage when it was already there in the first place.
7. Morning flights has less turbulence, so it’s a good idea to schedule your trip in the a.m.
8. Wake up earlier to avoid the crowd and take your undisturbed selfies.
9. Travel off season.
10. Learn a couple of foreign words to communicate with the locals.
11. Bring adapter for your gadgets.
12. Bring the things that you need, and skip those that you might not use anyway.
13. Bring a sarong.
14. Try local food.
The reality is that sometimes you will like the food, and sometimes you will not. Consider food as part of the adventure.
15. Learn more about the place you’re going to.
The last thing you want to do is to insult the locals without even realizing it. Read up about their culture, laws, and other important things.
Follow On Facebook
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
5-Year-Old Artist Already Getting Commissioned For Her Paintings
Hiker Discovers Creepy Alien-Like Creature That “Smells Like Rotting Flesh”
New York Store Is Selling ‘Wet Pants Denim’ For $75
Burglary Victim Writes Heartbreaking Note Begging Robber To Return Last Photos Dog
Meet The Gorgeous Actress Who Portrayed Zombie Queen In ‘Army Of The Dead’
Florida School Sparks Outrage After Editing 80 Female Students’ Photos To Cover Their Cleavage
McDonald’s Recruitment Poster Offers New Employees With Free iPhone After Working For 6 Months
Horrific Video Shows Lioness Attacking Circus Trainer In Russia
Taking 4,500 Steps A Day Could Help You Live Longer, Says Research
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture
News8 months ago
Mexican Residents Tie Mayor To Tree After He Failed To Fulfill His Campaign Promise
Interesting8 months ago
Diver Coaxes Octopus To Trade His Plastic Cup For A Shell
OMG9 months ago
Chilling Footage Shows Guy Carrying His Tinder Date’s Corpse Inside A Suitcase
OMG8 months ago
Bride Asks Husband If She Can Hug Her Ex-BF “One Final Time” During Wedding