Summer time is the most awaited season for all students. It is their time to take a break from school, go to the beach, sleep in, and just be lazy. But of course, students also need to use this time to improve themselves, enrich what they know, and learn new things. All these and more may be on the mind of a teacher named Cesare Catà from Italy when he gave a unique homework to his students as they parted ways to welcome the summer months.
Cesare Catà is a teacher at the Polo Scolastico Paritario Don Bosco school in the coastal town of Fermo. He wanted his students to stay busy even if school was out because as what Don Bosco said, “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.” So Catà gave his students a list of 15 tasks to do during the break and we bet his students will thank him later in life for such meaningful activity!
Here is the list originally published on his Facebook page:
- Go for a walk along the coast every morning on your own, look at the sunlight reflected on the water and think about what makes you happy.
- Try to use the new words we learnt in class this year. The more things you can say, the more thoughts you’ll have. The more you think, the freer you’ll be.
- Read as much as you can. Not because you have to, but because summertime is the inspiration for dreams and adventures, and reading is like flying. Reading is the best form of rebellion (for advice on what to read, come to me).
- Avoid people, things, and situations which make you feel unhappy or empty. Search for inspiration and friends who enrich your life, understand you, and value you for who you are.
- If you feel sad or afraid, don’t worry. Summer, just like every other wonderful thing in life, can lead the soul into confusion. Try keeping a diary and describe how you feel (if you want, we can read it together in September).
- Dance, without feeling embarrassed. Do it anywhere and everywhere you can — on the dance floor or alone in your room at home. Summer is about dancing, and it’s foolish not to take part.
- Watch the sunrise at least once. Stand silently and breathe deeply. Close your eyes, and be thankful.
- Play a lot of sport.
- If you’ve met someone who you really like, tell them, and do it in the most eloquent and sincere way you can. Don’t worry if they don’t understand. If nothing happens, then it’s not meant to be, and follow the instruction in point 8. If things go well, then you will spend summer 2015 together, and it will be glorious.
- Reread your notes from our lessons. Compare all the things we read about with everything that’s happening in your life.
- Be as happy as the sunshine, and as free and untameable as the sea.
- Don’t swear. Be polite and kind.
- Watch good films with heartbreaking scripts. If possible, watch them in English. That way you’ll both improve your language skills and develop your ability to dream and feel. Don’t let the film end with the final credits — recreate its plot in your own life, again and again, make it part of your summer experience.
- Summer is magical. In the sparkling sunshine of the early morning and during the hot summer evenings, dream about what life should and could be. Make everything that happens depend on you — that way you will never give up on the path to your dreams.
- Be good.
Such wonderful words of advice! Teachers are blessings and those who genuinely work hard to educate their students beyond academics are the most remarkable of all.
What do you think of this story? Let us know in the comment box below and share this post with your family and friends too!
Loyal Dog Still Patiently Waits Everyday for Master Who Passed Away
Everyone else went on with their lives except for one—Spot. She is a great testimony that love and fidelity knows no boundaries even it means through sickness and health, ’til death do them apart.
From the simple living at the rustic town of Lone Oak, Texas, there rests the placid lawnmower shop of Wayne. As time progressed, Wayne’s shop has been the conventional one-stop-shop for everyone in the area until an unfortunate incident happened—Wayne got killed by a drunk driver.
For five months, his family grieved with a heavy heart. Everyone whom he has left felt devastated by the tragic lost including his ever loyal pet dog, Spot. Back then, Spot would patiently stand at her post and wait until Wayne arrives. As the world continued at its phase, Paul, Wayne’s son, took over his father’s lawnmower business. Everyone else went on with their lives except for one—Spot.
For weeks and weeks after, Spot would stand still at her post, hoping Wayne would still be among one of the trucks to greet her until they reached home. Weeks turned to months yet no Wayne ever came back. The poor dog must really love her master that much. From time to time, Paul would be crossing paths with Spot along the way but will only follow him for a few blocks after realizing that it still wasn’t Wayne who has returned.
They Never Thought They Will Encounter Such A Rare River Monster This Close! Whoa!
While most of the extreme and far dangerous varieties of species are mostly lurking in the Amazon, a lot of adventurers are still always looking forward to any close encounter.
Despite the fact that many extreme and dangerous species are lurking in the Amazon, a lot of adventurers are still visiting the famed river, looking forward to having a close encounter. For years, many have endangered their lives as they check out the river, hoping to have rare experiences as they explore the vast waters. However, as these wanderers multiply, so do the probability of higher risks.
Take for example these true-bloodied brave gents whose river cruising and catching of a good bait ended to a close encounter of what is perhaps the wild’s near-to-extinction creature —the Arapaima. According to Wikipedia, the arapaima (or popularly known as either pirarucu or paiche) is a genus of bonytongues that used to dominate the vast waters of the Amazon and Essequibo basins of South America. Believed to be among the largest freshwater fish in the world, a typical kind can grow as much as 4.5 m. That’s a near 15 ft to be exact.
Watch the video here:
Empire State Building Features Cecil the Lion and 160 Endangered Species
The Empire State building lit up to show striking images of threatened animals in the world. Watch the video and get to know what’s at stake.
Over the past week, the world was enraged by the brutal killing of Cecil, a 13-year-old Southwest African lion from Zimbabwe. The country’s well-loved lion who was once a popular attraction in Hwange National Park in Matabeleland was shot and killed by American dentist Walter Palmer in July 1, 2015. Apparently, the lion was lured out of the park using a dead animal tied to a vehicle and shot with an arrow by the professional hunter. He was tracked for 40 hours before finally dying in the hands of Palmer who killed him using a rifle. The news made headlines and became the subject of public debate worldwide.
In an attempt to raise awareness about endangered species, the Empire State Building projected striking images of 160 different endangered species using 40 projectors for three hours on Saturday night. The show dubbed as “Projecting Change” was organised by the Discovery Channel to promote an upcoming documentary called “Racing Exctinction”.
"We lit up the Empire State Building with the world's most beautiful-and-threatened-species to show the world what's at stake."
Like Us On Facebook
2 Filipinos Dead, 2 Still Missing, 18 Injured in Beirut Explosion
Greece Turns Ancient Shipwreck Into Amazing Underwater Museum
Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab Vows to Make the People Responsible for Beirut Explosion “Pay the Price”
Emirates To Pay Funeral Costs Of Passengers Who Get Infected With COVID-19
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
Archeologists Unearth Enormous 3,300-Year-Old Prehistoric Bird Claw, and People Have Varying Opinions About What to Do With It
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands “Barkada” Restaurant to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation
17-Year-Old Identified As Mastermind Behind Massive Twitter Attack That Hacked Accounts of Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Barack Obama
- Interesting7 days ago
Video of a Vlogger Doing Nothing for 2 Hours Easily Got 1.6 Million Views
- OMG7 days ago
Doctors Remove Live Worm From Woman’s Tonsil After Eating Sashimi
- News5 days ago
500,000-Year Extinct Weishan Volcano in China Appears to be Recharging
- Inspiring6 days ago
6-Year-Old Boy Saves Sister From Dog Attack, Receives ‘Captain America’ Shield And Other Gifts