- The woman hurriedly ran to her car and drove off, leaving the dog behind.
- Another car passed the area and one can see the dog going after it, thinking it was his owner.
- The dog was rescued and was taken to a shelter.
There should be a special place in hell for those who abandon animals. Sadly, there are a lot of people who do this and in this particular case, it was all caught on video.
Brandon Price from Portland posted a video on Facebook of a clip captured by his security camera.
It shows a black car driving up to a dead-end area located in front of his house.
A woman got out of the car and then opened the door to the backseat to let the dog out.
She fixes something on the dog’s neck and then got into the driver’s seat, leaving the dog standing there and waiting.
She must have realized that the dog may run after the car so she got out again and walked the dog into the woody part of the cul-de-sac.
Then she hurriedly ran to her car and drove off, leaving the poor pooch behind.
Another car passed the area and one can see the dog going after it, thinking it was his owner.
Price said that he and his girlfriend saw the video a few minutes after the incident. His girlfriend immediately called a friend and they ran out to get the dog.
It was fortunate that Price was able to rescue the dog shortly after it was left behind.
Here’s the video showing the owner abandoning the dog:
The one showing him running after another car:
Price later posted an update about the dog:
The golden retriever was eventually taken to a shelter. He also said that the dog’s owner was found around two days after and was cited with animal cruelty.
He revealed that the dog’s name is Henry, a 13-year-old family dog.
Henry was reportedly not eligible for adoption just yet, but was already in the care of a foster family. According to Price, the dog has some medical issues and the shelter is coming up with a treatment plan for the new owners to adopt.
This is the message from I Paw’d It Forward, the shelter that rescued Henry:
“THIS. This is what a dog that has just been abandoned looks like. They are still here. They are still waiting. They are still searching for you to return. They are confused. They do not understand why the humans they devoted their lives to, have disappeared.”
Thank goodness that this sad story led to a happy ending and a hopefully happier life for Henry.
90-Year-Old Grandfather Came Out as Gay During the Pandemic
He also wanted to tell the world about his one true love, Phillip.
- As he was writing his memoir, he realized that his story would not be complete if he didn't reveal his homosexuality.
- He also wanted to tell the world about his one true love, Phillip.
- He posted his story on Facebook, which was met with tremendous love and support.
Stolen Teddy Bear With Dying Mother’s Last Message Returned To Owner
Have you ever lost something so valuable like Mara’s teddy bear, Mamabear?
- Mara Soriano, 28, had her bag and teddy bear stolen amid a hectic move in Vancouver.
- After several Twitter posts involving celebrities who supported her search for MamaBear by offering rewards, the teddy bear found its way back to Mara with the help of two 'kind Samaritans'.
- The reward rose to $15,000 before Mara requested that donations be routed to Sunnybrook hospice instead.
6-Year-Old Boy Saves Sister From Dog Attack, Receives ‘Captain America’ Shield And Other Gifts
Bridger Walker took dog bites in the face while saving his sister from a vicious dog attack.
- Bridger Walker, a six-year-old boy, has joined the ranks of the world's modern "heroes" after saving his four-year-old sister from a vicious dog attack.
- Bridger took several dog bites for his sister so they could run away to safety.
- He received 90 stitches and words of encouragement from celebrity heroes including Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr and Tom Holland.
World’s First Happiness Museum Opens in Denmark
Why Nevada’s U.S. Route 50 Is Called “The Loneliest Road In America”
Simple and Easy: How to Make a Self-Watering Planter
Stranded American Backpacker Adopted by Family in a Remote Village
The Chocolate Hills of Bohol, a Fascinating Geological Formation
Australian Woman Finds Around 20 Venomous Spiders On Her Swimming Pool
Torre Scola, a Fortress at Sea in La Spezia, Italy
War Is Brewing Between Armenia and Azerbaijan As Disputed Territory Conflict Intensifies