- Monet van Deventer was driving in Cape Town to work when she stopped by to refuel.
- According to her, she unknowingly left all her cards at home and was about to enter a place with a bad reputation.
- Instead of leaving Monet stranded, Nkosikho Mbele spent his own to fill her tank up.
- She later came back to repay Mbele. Moreover, a crowdfunding was set up and it helped raise £26,600 ($32,972.94).
With all the negativity in the world, it’s sometimes hard to see the good in people. However, one kindhearted gas station attendant is reminding everyone that there are still a lot of good people out there.
Nkosikho Mbele was hailed a hero after she helped a stranded woman at a Shell garage on the outskirts of South African city Cape Town. His good deed was then rewarded handsomely with the equivalent of eight years worth of pay.
Monet van Deventer, 21, shared that while the petrol attendant was filling up her gas, she told him to stop because she realized that she didn’t have her purse with her. Instead of stopping, Monet said that the kind man told him, “No ma’am you can’t run out of fuel on the N2 it is too dangerous.” He then put R100 from his own pocket into her tank.
Monet was so impressed with Nkosikho that she started a crowdfunding page for him. The story of the 28-year-old’s generosity was very much appreciated by a lot of people, with the crowdfunding page reaching £26,600 ($32,972.94)— the same amount as 8 years of his wage.
Nkosikho remains humble even though the story of his kindness has now been spread around the world.
“I was just doing what anyone else would have done, from the heart. I believe there is no black and white and that we are all one people and I just want to bring people together.
His bosses at Shell are also very happy. They agreed to match the donations he was given as long as he passes it to his chosen charity.
Woman Explains Why Self-Care Is NOT About Being Selfish
“You’re the only one who matters” is an “absolute garbage thing to say.” according to this woman.
We've all been hearing about the importance of self-care these past several years. And that's a good thing. Everyone of us should take time for ourselves to ensure that we are mentally, emotionally, and physically well.
Labrador Becomes Foster Dad to Six Ducklings
“Within minutes the ducklings accepted their odd looking new mum and were climbing all over him.”
- Fred the Labrador first became famous by fostering 9 ducklings last year.
- This time, it's 6 ducklings, who got left behind when the mother duckling wandered off.
- The new batch of ducklings immediately warmed up to Fred and accepted him as their new mother.
‘Success Kid’ Meme Shares How Going Viral Saved His Dad’s Life
He totally used his internet fame for good.
- Sammy Griner first became famous back in 2007 when he was only 11 months old.
- His mother shared a photo of him with a clenched fist that quickly went viral.
- Netizens nicknamed him the “Success Kid.”
- Now, "Success Kid" is all grown up, and he's using his fame to help save his dad's life.