- 47-year-old magician David Blaine, has once again delivered a stunning performance.
- After over a year of training, he successfully flew over a desert in Arizona while streaming it live via YouTube.
- According to Blaine, he pulled off the stunt and accomplished this feat for his 9-year-old daughter.
47-year-old magician and endurance performer David Blaine staged an “Ascension” by flying over a desert in Arizona at an altitude of 24,900 feet — about 4.7 miles — in his first live stunt in nearly eight years.
Blaine pulled off a successful 50-balloon levitation stunt for his YouTube channel by piloting 50 helium balloons, before parachuting down. It was launched from an airport in Page, Arizona and is believed to be the best record for floating on a cluster-balloon rig.
Originally, he planned an 18,000-feet levitation trick staged in his hometown in New York City, but he had to move it to Arizona because of weather and safety concerns. As part of his preparation, the illusionist trained for a year and a half. He also got a pilot’s license, a commercial balloon pilot’s license, and a skydiver certification.
During the hour-long stunt, Blaine’s team was monitoring his vital signs. They logged a 10-degree Fahrenheit drop in temperature at the peak of his ascent.
“Wow! That was awesome!” he said upon landing. He also told his 9-year-old daughter that the stunt was all for her.
David Blaine also shared that this stunt has been his dream since he saw Albert Lamorisse’s classic short film “The Red Balloon” as a kid. He also got inspiration from Pixar’s “Up,” a movie that features an airborne house held together by balloons.
“I can’t imagine that many people would dream of doing it.”
Watch this video of the event which was posted on Blaine’s official YouTube channel.
Dog Dyed To Look Like A Tiger Sparks Outrage Among Netizens
What would you do if you see this “tiger” walking down the street?
- A Facebook post by netizen Ian Chioco showed photos of a dog that looked a like a tiger.
- In his post, he said it was surprising to find it roaming the streets.
- However, some netizens did not find it funny and even called it "animal cruelty."
- Meanwhile, others argued that it can't be animal cruelty since the dog looked healthy.
Russia Releases Classified Footage of ‘Tsar Bomba’, The World’s Largest Nuclear Explosion
It was the most powerful nuclear bomb ever built and tested.
- Russia marks the 75th anniversary of their atomic industry by releasing the previously classified footage of Tsar Bomba's detonation in 1961.
- Tsar Bomba---'King of Bombs' was the largest thermonuclear weapon of all time, with an explosive yield of 50 megatons.
- They claimed it was 3,300 times as destructive as the nuclear bomb used in Hiroshima.
2 Florida Teachers Cleverly Transform Students’ Desks into Fun, Socially-Distanced Jeeps
In-person learning just became more fun for kids, despite the coronavirus restrictions.
- Two first grade teachers from DeLand, Florida decorated their students' desks into mini jeeps.
- Their goal was to make the classes fun and comfortable amidst the pandemic, while still adhering to health and safety protocols.
- The teachers spent a week working on the desks, which were inspired by an Instagram post by a kindergarten teacher from Texas.
World’s First Happiness Museum Opens in Denmark
Why Nevada’s U.S. Route 50 Is Called “The Loneliest Road In America”
Simple and Easy: How to Make a Self-Watering Planter
Stranded American Backpacker Adopted by Family in a Remote Village