Surrealism is an artistic discipline that merges fantasy and reality. For those who don’t know, Surrealism is a 1920’s cultural movement that involves unnerving, illogical scenes drawn very realistically. This may include strange creatures painted in a twisted way that often doesn’t make any sense.
Using this method, Redmer Hoekstra, an amazing artist from Netherlands, tried to incorporate animals in his fantastic drawings. Below are several of his artworks featuring animals, books, keyboards, vehicles, etc, merged in the most bizarre ways.
1. Elephant and human fused in the most bizarre way.
2. Handshaking with horse-thumbs.
3. This giraffe is mysteriously evolving into a tree.
4. These shoes are turning into this lion’s mane.
5. This bizarre looking monkey is eating so much at once he’s slowly turning into a burger.
6. A banana blue whale with a ship on its back.
7. Peacock wearing a glamorous tail made from fish.
8. Lonely woman with an octopus over-mind.
9. Armadillo rocking intimidating cobblestone armor.
10. Cute owl flying using its wings made from books.
11. Lizard with scales made from keyboard keys.
12. Rhinoceros augmented with train parts.
13. Fancy a dove-tea, my dear?
14. Cobblestones evolving into frogs.
15. Cabinet safari
16. Wind-up music crab with a mini ballet dancer.
17. The crow is watching you with multiple human eyes on its back.
18. Amazing rhinoceros ship walker.
19. One dried Bird-tinni, please. Shaken, not stirred.
20. Zeppelin butterfly that perfectly fits the Leviathan books.
21. This bird is merged with a building.
Fantastic, isn’t it? The most amazing thing in Surrealist artworks is that they often have this power to evoke unease when you’re looking at them. If you’re interested to see more designs from Redmer Hoekstra, you can check out his portfolio website.
Guy’s Epic Photoshopped Pics Shows Him Hanging Out With His Younger Self
The sky is definitely the limit if you are a Photoshop expert.
The sky is definitely the limit if you are a Photoshop expert. Some use the popular photo-editing software to troll people requesting for free photo enhancement favors, while others use it to get closer to world-famous celebrities.
And of course, there are also those who are like Conor Nickerson who use it for worthwhile, heartwarming personal projects. Apparently, the graphic artist and photographer took it upon himself to insert himself in his childhood pictures from 1997 to 2005.
So far, the results have been pretty epic and the internet has totally been blown away by his realistic output! The angles and lighting, in particular, are so convincing some might not realize that the photos were edited in the first place.
Conor Nickerson, who is based in Montreal, Canada, inserted himself into his old childhood pictures.
Artist Carves Insanely-Detailed Pop Culture Icons on Halloween Pumpkins
This guy’s Halloween pumpkin carvings are ridiculously mind-blowing!
Jack o lantern pumpkins are perhaps the most iconic symbol of Halloween. We see them displayed everywhere during the celebration plus most trick or treat baskets are designed that way as well.
However, there comes a time when you can get tired of carving that same scary face on a pumpkin every year. So you try to play around with different concepts just to shake things up and make things interesting.
If that’s your case, then you can probably steal some ideas from The Pumpkin Geek – if your skills are up to this level, that is!
As you will see below, Alex Wer (a.k.a. The Pumpkin Geek) IS the man when it comes to pumpkin carving. His creations often feature pop culture icons ranging from Wonder Woman and Little Mermaid, to Han Solo and Pennywise, to Deadpool and Super Mario, to Groot and Doctor Who, and to everything in between. And they’re all insanely detailed! ...
Brutally Honest Comic Shows What Divorce Does To A Family
“This should be required reading before having children.”
It is a sad fact that, these days, divorce has become so common and the staggering statistics tell us exactly that. According to the American Psychological Association, about 40 to 50% of married couples in the United States end up in divorce – and the rate is even higher for subsequent marriages.
What’s even sadder, however, is when you consider that divorce involves not only the husband and the wife but also the children, if they have any. The young ones are the ones who are most affected and devastated.
This has been accurately captured on pen and paper by an artist who simply goes by the name ‘Mac’. His sad comic about divorce recently went viral on social media and he has even been featured on several websites. Moreover, his piece has also generated a lot of comments from those who both had similar and different experiences in their lives.