Is there anything more satisfying than an ultra-tidy closet, pantry or laundry room? If you’re pressed for time, there’s no need to go for a total home reorganization right away. Actually, just one or two small changes can tame clutter and make your home feel organized, refreshed, and renewed.
Some days your house may feel like a zoo, but it shouldn’t look like one. Whip your home into shape by following some of these tips and tricks for tidying spaces.
Here are 20 easy ways to organize your house:
1. Install a dish rack over your sink. This will help you avoid a constant mess with water dripping from wet plates.
2. Store your knives wisely. This drawer has a sliding upper part that reveals another small storage area.
3. Organize a separate area for fruits and veggies.
4. Make a “creative cart” for your kids with all their favorite art and craft supplies.
5. Have a creative corner to keep your own materials in one place.
6. Hang a bag hook in your hall for each family member.
7. Organize a place for small things that always create mess.
8. Get a separate drawer for baking sheets and cutting boards, or you can just get a divider.
9. Use the space under the sink to the fullest, and buy some containers and racks to keep it neat.
10. A Lazy Susan can store spices and oils comfortably.
11. Find a way to organize your pot covers.
12. Get a large shoe rack.
13. Store the shoes you don’t use right now in transparent containers, to easily find the right pair when you need them.
14. Use hangers to store open chip and cereal bags.
15. Get some hooks to organize your jeans.
16. Use a pegboard to free your desk from stationery supplies.
17. Organize your sunglasses using a wire hanger for easier access to the desired pair.
18. Install a key and mail holder in the hall.
19. Get a handy pot and pan rack to save space and have easier access to each item.
20. Create a single sock board, so that you know where to look when you find the match.
Do you have any additional home ideas and tips? Share with us in the comment section below!
‘Food Cubby’ Invented By A Kid, Keeps Food Separated And Parents Are Loving It
“This is the slickest little idea for serving meals to kids on ‘grown-up’ plates!”
Are you one of those people who doesn't like it when your food are touching each other on your plate? Does your child hate it when their veggies are getting too close to their chicken nuggets? Then the Food Cubby is the awesome new kitchen gadget for you. The portable divider keeps any runny food from spreading all over your plate and parents are already loving it. Amazingly, the Food Cubby was actually invented by a kid!
Food Cubby is a BPA-free silicone gadget that you can attach to your plates. Called "food dividers," it also functions as a means to "push food onto utensils or separate food." In addition to that, the separator can help you control portions if you're trying to watch what you eat. It also comes in kid-friendly colors like bright green or orange.
The Food Cubby is your newest kitchen helper.
17 Tiny Apartment Hacks That Can Save You A Lot Of Space
#13 is a brilliant idea!
Having a tiny apartment can be a good thing. In fact, tiny homes have achieved popularity these past several years among homeowners because they're cheaper and easier to maintain. You just need to organize it right to make your modest residence become perfectly suitable for living, working, and everything else you want to do.
Whether you’re attempting to make the most of a small space or simply want to increase the functionality of your home, there are plenty of ways to minimize clutter and maximize utility in style. Here are 17 clever ideas that can save a lot of space in a tiny apartment.
1. Rely on convertibles.
25 Zip Tie Hacks That Can Help You Save Time And Money
I’ve never thought of #4 before.
Zip ties are just one of those things that seem to have an infinite amount of uses. Obviously, they’re good for tying groups of objects together, but that can mean so many things.
Zip ties were invented in 1958 for the purpose of corralling wiring on airplanes. Since that time, zip ties have found their way into many different industries because they’re inexpensive, easy to use, and surprisingly strong. Here are 25 easy zip tie hacks that can help you save time and money.
1. Secure your luggage.