The United States of America, the land of opportunity, presents not just opportunities but also the chance to see and experience some really wacky things. That doesn’t necessarily mean these American customs are bad, it just means that they aren’t the norm all around the world.
From obvious offerings to hidden gems you’d never think about, this list touches on just a few of the things that make the States so unique. Here are 17 unusual things that are considered “normal” in the USA.
1. You can spray cheese on your pizza right from a can.
2. US dollar bills are like twins that are darn hard to tell apart.
3. There’s tons of ice in all the drinks.
4. US citizens love their country so much that they place their flags everywhere.
5. At parties, people always drink from red Solo cups.
If you live in America, you probably think the things you do are totes normal. But if you hail from another country, you know the truth. America is pretty weird when it comes to some things.
6. Chatting up strangers is not considered weird.
7. Americans walk around almost everywhere with large to-go coffee cups.
8. It’s absolutely normal to throw peanut shells on the floor in restaurants.
9. Americans are obsessed with white teeth and spend a lot of money to create the perfect smile.
10. You can drive through literally anything, including banks, pharmacies, and even wedding chapels.
Life is definitely different in America. While there are going to be cultural differences everywhere, that’s one of the most enjoyable things about travel – discovering what makes a different place unique. However, there are some things that are so different in the rest of the world that they just don’t make sense at all.
11. Americans put their food waste right in the kitchen sink because they have garbage disposals.
12. American toilet bowls hold so much water that every time you use them you think it’s going to flood.
13. There are special rooms for doing laundry in every house.
14. Hanging out in the parking lot, drinking beer, and grilling meat next to your car is actually considered a party that’s called tailgating.
15. American white bread is as sweet as a cake.
16. Over-attentive restaurant servers ask how your meal is going every 5 minutes.
17. Deep-fried butter, doughnut burgers, peanut butter, and jelly soda, koolickles, chicken and waffles chips — here you can find all kinds of flavors and food combos.
As the great “melting pot” of cultures, the United States is known for being a nation where people from all over come together to live under the red, white, and blue. But every country has its own unique features, and the United States is no exception.
‘Game Of Thrones’ Fans Start Petition To Have Season 8 Rewritten And Remade
The petition is already closing in on 1 million signatures!
The sudden change of pace in the final season of Game of Thrones has certainly shocked people. Interestingly, fans have already started a petition asking HBO to rewrite the entire Season 8 and have it produced all over again.
Woman Buys Random Items Online, Including a Full-Sized Basketball Court While Sleepwalking
Should this be called “sleepshopping”?
Online shopping is already a concerning habit when you’re wide awake, and one mom found out that it is still pretty dangerous for your wallet while sleeping. Kelly Knipes almost plunged into heavy debt because she frequently shops online while sleepwalking!
What 27 Bond Girls Look Like Now
#15 looks exactly the same.
Since 1962, the James Bond film franchise has graced the silver screen a whopping 26 times. And while there have been seven dreamy actors who played the role of Mr. Bond himself, we’re not here to talk about agent 007.