Do you have an old tattoo? Well, this could be an alarming story for you. Doctors thought a woman had cancer, but it turns out, the symptoms she was experiencing were due to a complication of her old tattoo.
The 30-year-old woman was suspected to have lymphoma, a type of cancer that affects the lymphatic system. However, after the surgery, the doctors found that her symptoms were caused by something unexpected.
The woman first came to the clinic complaining of small lumps under her arms.
The case report says that she had no other symptoms such as fever, weight loss, night sweats and other pulmonary issues.
The doctors first suspected the swollen and enlarged lymph nodes as cancer.
Dr. Christian Bryant, a hematologist at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital said:
“Ninety-nine times out of 100, (this) will be lymphoma.”
However, the enlarged lymph nodes, which were about 1.5 centimeters in diameter, were actually caused by a reaction she had to a 15-year-old tattoo.
The old tattoo was a large black-ink that has been present for years and has covered her back. She also has a black-ink tattoo on her left shoulder for the past 2.5 years.
The common reactions to tattoo ink are allergies, pain and infection.
Tattoo reactions are uncommon. However, some people may have hypersensitivity reactions to some elements in ink or may develop an infection on the site of the tattoo.
However, delayed reactions may occur. A man in Mexico had died after swimming with a fresh tattoo. There are many reactions because nobody really knows what’s in tattoo ink.
Hence, you might be wondering how many other people experience such reactions to tattoo ink, especially when it comes to their lymph nodes. In some cases, the symptoms do not appear until the reaction will cause noticeable lumps or symptoms.
Fortunately, the woman’s condition improved after ten months of no intervention or treatment, after the removal of the swollen lymph node.
If you have an old tattoo and you notice lumps in your body, you need to consult with a doctor for a check-up.
Mosquito Trap In Florida Catches 26,000 Mosquitoes In Just 16 Hours After Hurricane Irma
Even a simple, banal mosquito problem ends up interesting when you add Florida to the equation.
After the devastation caused by Hurricane Irma, the dilemma the survivors had to face did not end with their ruined houses. Alongside the flood, the number of mosquitoes rose to a very alarming rate.
Aside from the hilarious “Florida Man” jokes, Florida is also pretty known for its mosquito problem. However, even going by their track records, the mosquito season this year is still unbelievably alarming.
Hernando County Mosquito Control uploaded several disturbing images of a mosquito trap last week.
45 Times People Perfectly Made Fun of Protesters With Their Own Signs
I’m actually in awe of these trolls’ creativity and wit.
Protesting – most especially the peaceful ones – is a way for people to exercise freedom of speech. It’s particularly the time when they go out in the streets and let their voices be heard. As expected, protests are surrounded by individuals who have similar grievances or opinions, among many others.
Apparently, the idea of freedom of speech applies to everybody – including those who use freedom to troll protestors. While most of you may have different views towards this compilation, there’s no doubt you’ll share a laugh.
Below are some of the most hilarious anti-protest signs you could ever see. You’re definitely going to thank us later!...
Poor Boy Inhales Party Whistle, Honks Every Time He Inhales
Thankfully, the object was safely removed!
Children say and do the darndest things, indeed. It is their innocence, curiosity, and carefree sense of adventure that often lands them in silly, sometimes even dangerous, situations. For parents, it is important that they provide guidance as their kids try to navigate and understand the world around them. Of course, moms and dads can only do so much. Their children are bound to get in trouble sooner or later.
An eight-year-old boy from San Miguel de Tucuman in Argentina definitely learned his lesson to be more careful about his actions. Unfortunately, the young boy swallowed the whistle component of a party horn. The object got stuck in his throat and this caused him to honk every time he breathed in.