- The Victoria Crowned Pigeon might be a relative of the domestic pigeon but it is also one of the most beautiful birds in the world.
- It is known for its gorgeous blue plumage and delicate white-tipped crest that makes it looks like it is wearing a beauty queen’s crown.
- Although it can grow to the size of a turkey, the Victoria Crowned Pigeon is close to being endangered due to deforestation.
Pigeons might not be the kind of birds that people would consider as beautiful. However, the Victoria Crowned Pigeon will change your mind. The large pigeon is distinct for its delicate crest and gorgeous feathers. In addition to that, it can grow to the size of a turkey.
The Victoria Crowned Pigeon (Goura victoria) is part of the Columbidae Family which includes pigeons and doves. However, unlike domestic pigeons, it is much larger and is known for its beautiful blue feathers. It even has a crest that makes it appear like royalty. This is probably why it has the honor of being named after Queen Victoria.
Can you believe that this majestic creature is a pigeon?
The species is native to New Guinea and can usually be found in the lowlands and swamp forests. However, they are currently listed as Near Threatened on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
It’s truly one of the most beautiful birds in the world.
Although it is easy to find these birds in captivity, the Victoria Crowned Pigeon is increasingly rare in the wild. It is believed that deforestation is making it more difficult for the birds to thrive in their natural habitat. In addition to that, the females can only produce one egg at a time, making reproduction a huge problem. Luckily, there are still plenty of specimens in zoos.
The Victoria Crowned Pigeon is also adorable as a chick!
The Victoria Crowned Pigeon is truly proof that there is beauty in nature everywhere.
Scientist Uses 4,500-Year-Old Yeast To Bake Bread, Says It Tastes Incredible
Is this what the ancient Egyptians were eating back in the day?
- A scientist wanted to find out if dormant yeast can be activated even after thousands of years.
- He managed to find yeast from ancient Egyptian clay pottery that is 4,500 years old.
- Amazingly, he decided to make some bread with the yeast and claims that the "flavor is incredible."
Father Asks Strangers For Interesting Random Facts He Could Share With Daughter At Bedtime
Did you know that parents can mail their child through the postal service back in the day?
- Father asks Redditors for questions to share with his girl during bedtime.
- Amazingly, he got surprising responses that will blow your mind.
- Did you know a wombat's poop is cube-shaped?
Fake Cop Gets Arrested After Pulling Over Real Police Officers
Definitely NOT his lucky day!
- Valiery Portlock, 25 years old, posed as a fake cop in Hicksville, Long Island in New York.
- Unfortunately for him, he pulled over a van carrying detectives from the electronic squad of the police department.
- Portlock attempted to escape them but he was immediately stopped by highway patrol officers.
- He is now facing two charges as a result of his actions.
Like Us On Facebook
Mysterious Object Sighted Over Denver Skies
Small-Scale Miner in Tanzania Finds Rare Gemstone Worth $2 Million
American Man Dies from Bubonic Plague, As China Puts Another Village in Lockdown
Solar Foods Ltd and NASA Make Edible Food Out of Thin Air!
- News5 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News7 days ago
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
- News5 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Art4 days ago
‘John Wick 5’ Confirmed, Will Be Filmed Back-to-Back With 4th Movie