- Russian health ministry official Professor Alexander Chuchalin has quit his job after failing to block the registration of the Sputnik V vaccine.
- According to Chuchalin, the said drug is a “gross violation” of medical ethics.
- Other Russian health experts have likewise expressed skepticism towards the drug which is expected to be released within the month.
With Russia’s announcement of the world’s first vaccine against the novel coronavirus, numerous health experts have raised concerns over the safety and efficacy of the said cure. Many have pointed out that the drug in question has not even undergone the needed Phase III human trials before it received approval from the government.
Furthermore, a top Russian health official has quit his post after failing to block the registration of the Sputnik V. According to reports, Professor Alexander Chuchalin, the country’s top respiratory doctor, has officially resigned from the health ministry. He even described the Sputnik V as a “violation” of medicine ethics.
In a Daily Mail article, we read Professor Chuchalin questioning Gamaleya Research Center director Professor Alexander Gintsburg and virologist Professor Sergey Borosevich about the vaccine’ s safety.
Prof. Chuchalin said:
“Have you passed all the necessary paths approved by Russian Federation legislation and the international scientific community? Not!
“This job has not been done. Thus, one of the ethical principles of medicine has been grossly violated – to do no harm.”
So far, no published scientific articles about the vaccine has been made available to the public, although Russian President Vladimir Putin has declared that one of his daughters has been vaccinated.
Respected virologist Alexander Chepurnov, who previously worked as a head of Vector Institute infectious diseases department, has likewise shared his concerns about Sputnik V, warning it may possibly lead to increased numbers of coronavirus cases.
“The danger is there in terms of the possibility of increasing the disease‘s severity with the wrong vaccine. With some diseases —and for the coronavirus, this is already known that the infection can intensify with the presence of certain antibodies. So it should be known which antibodies the vaccine forms,” said Chepurnov.
Meanwhile, a “Doctor’s Handbook” survey involving 3,040 doctors and health specialists in Russia has shown that 52% are not willing to be vaccinated with Sputnik V while only around 24.5% are comfortable about receiving it.
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
Anxious shoppers swarmed stores following the Prime Minister’s announcement.
- Panic-buyers swarmed supermarkets to buy food and necessities after the government reimposed new lockdown restrictions on Tuesday.
- Despite Prime Minister Jacinda Arden's assurance of ample food supply, citizens rushed to the markets in panic.
- New Zealand had gone 102 days without new Covid-19 cases, until four people in the same household in Auckland tested positive of the virus.
Thai Newspaper Sparks Outrage After Calling Philippines “Land of COVID-19”
A Filipino official reacted that the label was “inappropriate, insensitive, and unhelpful.”
- Thailand's Thai Rath newspaper has angered Filipino officials and netizen after calling the Philippines as the "Land of COVID-19."
- A Filipino embassy official eventually wrote an open letter for the publication's editor in chief to condemn the "insensitive" label.
Researchers Confirm Infectious Coronavirus in Hospital Air
There’s viable virus in aerosols.
- A team of researchers found viable coronavirus particles in hospital air.
- They retrieved the live virus 7 feet and 16 feet from patients with Covid-19.
- The virus has the same genome sequence as that from a swab taken from a patient with active infection.
The Circular Gardens of Brøndby Haveby
Algar de Benagil, Portugal’s Most Stunning Sea Cave
5 Fun Activities To Do When You’re In White Sands, New Mexico
At Least 380 Whales Dead In Australia’s Largest-Ever Mass Stranding
Sci/Tech2 days ago
Man Flies Like Iron Man Using A Jet Powered Flying Suit
Videos5 days ago
“Pull It Out, Prove it” Dude Walks Out After His Girl Reveals She’s Actually A Man
History6 days ago
‘The Silent Killer’: The Untold Story of Nieves Fernandez, The Teacher Who Killed 200 Japanese Soldiers
People6 days ago
Anti-Mask Protesters in Florida Storm Target Yelling “Take Off Your Masks”