- A couple went viral after the guy, Hector Mkansi, proposed to his girlfriend Nonhlanhla Soldaat at a KFC outlet.
- The proposal has been bashed by a journalist but the couple ended up getting a lot of love and support.
When a man drops on one knee and finally pops the golden question to a woman, you know things are about to get really serious. It’s no joke when two people decide to spend the rest of their lives together and that’s what’s amazing about love.
This is why the internet loves romantic proposal stories. Case in point, we’ve all seen countless of sweet, heartwarming will-you-marry-me videos go viral online over the years.
Well a short footage taken at a restaurant shows us that, sometimes, a proposal doesn’t have to be extravagant to be memorable. It just has to be sincere.
This one happened in Vaal, South Africa and we see a man proposing to his girlfriend while they were at a KFC store. A fellow customer captured the moment on film and later uploaded it on social media.
We see the tearful girlfriend saying ‘yes’ to our romantic guy and the people watching couldn’t help but feel happy for them.
Unfortunately, one woman felt it was okay to make fun of the guy because of the proposal’s location.
Anele, who is a self-described journalist and feminist, wrote on Twitter that South African men “are so broke they even propose at KFC,” adding they don’t have any “class” at all.
As anyone can expect, a lot of netizens who spotted the tweet took it upon themselves to bash the woman for her inappropriate remarks. The original tweet has since been deleted but not before netizens took screenshots of it.
The mocking, however, turned out to be a blessing in disguise for the couple.
It all began when KFC South Africa reshared the proposal video on their official Twitter account and asked for everyone’s help so they can find the “beautiful couple” because they “want to be blessers,” even promising some surprise for those who can send them any leads to the lovers’ whereabouts.
They were later identified as Hector Mkansi and Nonhlanhla Soldaat.
As if that wasn’t enough, several popular brands also offered gifts for the upcoming bride and groom.
Puma also gave them a R10,000 voucher (which is worth around US$680) while Huawei promised two phones for them. On top of that, South Africa Standard Bank said they will clear the couple’ s loan for up to R300,000 (US$20,000).
When it rains, it pours- and now they have way more than what they need for their dream wedding.
So yes, the mocking definitely backfired…
… and now “South Africa’s favorite couple” is enjoying a lot of gifts and privileges as a result of it.
Watch the viral proposal video:
Learn more about the couple here:
Vegetarian Woman Eats A Burger, Later Decides To Become A Butcher
Eating one burger changed her life!
- Tammi Jonas, 49, was a vegetarian for 10 long years.
- Her life changed after he decided to have a burger during a difficult day.
- Now she's running a farming business with her husband in Victoria, Australia.
Guy Fired While On Medical Leave, Exposes Restaurant’s Violations and Gets It Shut Down
He made sure he had the last laugh!
- A Reddit user named Furry Controls shared how he was wrongly terminated from work by his "power hungry" manager.
- He needed to take an emergency medical leave but was surprised to find out upon his return that he's already been fired.
- He got back at them by having the place shut down by reporting several violations.
Off-Duty Coast Guard Saves Over 60 Persons From A Sinking Vessel
This guy is a real-life hero!
- Seaman First PO3 Ralph Barajan is being hailed as a hero after saving more than 60 individuals from a sinking ship.
- With his efforts, he helped the crew members and passengers of MV Siargao Princess survive until they were found by rescuers.
Like Us On Facebook
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
WHO Wants Us To Stay Home and Play Video Games During COVID-19 Pandemic
Dutch Hospitals Recall “Defective” China-Made Masks
Smokers Have Higher Risk Of Contracting The Deadly COVID-19, Says Doctor
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare