- Philippine President Rodrigo R. Duterte has approved a proposal to declare a State of Public Health Emergency for the country.
- The said executive order makes it easier for the government to implement price freeze and to access needed medical supplies.
- Health officials continue to warn the public about coronavirus prevention as confirmed cases have reached 20.
President Rodrigo R. Duterte has recently placed the Philippines under the State of Public Health Emergency, following the recommendation of health officials. The declaration comes shortly after a case of a local coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission has officially been confirmed by authorities.
According to reports, a 62-year-old resident of Cainta, Rizal has contracted the virus despite not having any travel history outside the country. Both the man and his wife, 59, tested positive of the disease.
Salvador Panelo, Spokesperson of the President, said that the executive order means it will be easier for the government to implement price control for basic goods and procurement of necessary medical supplies will be done quicker.
Panelo pointed out:
“The president… has agreed to issue such a declaration after considering all critical factors with the aim of safeguarding the health of the Filipino public.”
Meanwhile, Secretary Francisco Duque III of the Department of Health said such a declaration will allow them to have easier access to needed budget to contain the virus’ spread in the country.
Philippine Republic Act 11332 defines public health emergency as an “occurrence of an imminent threat of an illness or health condition which could pose a high probability of a large number of deaths.”
“Code Red sublevel 1” has also been raised by the Department of Health as “preemptive call to ensure that national and local government and public and private health care providers can prepare for possible increase in suspected and confirmed cases.”
Secretary Duque further emphasized:
“We are continuously reminding everyone to practice personal protective measures,such as hand hygiene, social distancing, and proper cough etiquette.”
The secretary likewise encouraged the public to “avoid unnecessary travel and postpone mass gatherings” to further prevent the virus’ spread in the country.
As of this writing, the Philippines already has 20 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 1 reported death. Classes have been suspended by the local government in several areas.
Singapore Churches Are Now Holding Online Services To Prevent Spread of Coronavirus
Sundays have become silent in some major Singaporean churches.
- Several churches in Singapore have indefinitely suspended their meetings due to fears of coronavirus.
- This is despite the assurance of the health ministry that "services may continue" if preventive measures are observed.
Giant Tech Companies Are Imposing A Work-From-Home Agreement After Some Employees Get Infected With Coronavirus
Following the spread of coronavirus in the United States, Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft have allowed their employees to work from home.
- Giant technology businesses in Seattle and California, such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft, have decided to allow their employees to work from home.
- The decision has been made after some employees fell ill from the coronavirus.
- Meanwhile, other employees who couldn't bring their work home were advised to avoid close-proximity space with fellow workers and limit any personal meetings.
Coronavirus Has Mutated In Two Strains And The Other One is Aggressive And Stronger
Chinese scientists called them strain “L” and “S”.
- Researchers in Shanghai and Beijing have discovered at least two strains of the coronavirus.
- They named the two strains as “L” and “S”.
- Strain “S” is the common virus while the strain “L” is more “aggressive and contagious”.
- Experts said that 70% of the coronavirus patients caught the “L” strain.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”