- The world is facing a new environmental problem as some people are irresponsibly-disposing their face masks.
- Environmental groups have warned that this can be dangerous for marine life.
- Meanwhile, experts have also explained that masks worn by COVID-19-infected individuals can pose a health threat to the public.
It looks like the world has to deal with a new pollution problem because of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As people across the globe continue to get reminded about the importance of wearing face masks when heading outdoors, it seems a significant numbers of these wearers are having trouble disposing the masks the right way.
It’s a heartbreaking sight to behold that has been becoming more common in some countries. Case in point, Oceans Asia founder Gary Stokes often visits beaches and streets in Hong Kong and he always ends up gathering a lot of masks littered in these places.
According to Stokes, this is dangerous practice especially since many of these masks would eventually end up in the waters and sea creatures, such as turtles and dolphins, may mistake them for food. That, of course, would lead to them getting choked to death.
On top of that, a South China Morning Post editorial tells us that single-use masks are “being strewn on footpaths and roads” all over Asia.
The said article likewise warned about other obvious risks that come with these irresponsibly-disposed masks.
“That some masks could have been used by infected people adds an especially worrying threat. The infection can live for hours or even days in moisture and could be transferred should a person touch it and then their face.”
Watch this SCMP video to learn more:
Meanwhile, an unscrupulous factory in Indonesia has recently been shut down by authorities after discovering that they have been recycling used face masks and selling them to buyers as new.
Coronavirus May Last in Europe For About 2 Years, Says Chinese Expert
Europe’s battle against COVID-19 might still be far from over.
- Infectious diseases expert Zhang Wenhong recently said that coronavirus (COVID-19) could possibly last up to 2 years in Europe.
- Healthcare workers are currently getting overwhelmed with the increasing number of cases and deaths in Italy, Spain, and Germany.
- According to Zhang, extreme measures need to be taken if they hope to get the pandemic under control.
Spain Surpasses China’s COVID-19 Death Toll, Reports Over 8,000 New Cases In 1 Day
The nationwide lockdown has since been extended by 2 weeks.
- Spain's coronavirus death toll has surpassed China, with more than 4,300 fatalities.
- The country has also reported having more than 8,000 new COVID-19 cases in one day.
American Pastor Gets Sued For Selling $80 Fake Coronavirus Cure
They claim the pricey “cure” can “eliminate” coronavirus “within 12 hours.”
- Televangelist Jim Bakker claimed that Silver Solution can cure coronavirus, SARs and HIV.
- In The Jim Bakker Show, he introduced a so-called "natural health expert" implying that Bakker's liquid solution may be effective.
- The Food and Drugs Administration rejected his claims and clarified that the product has not been tested or approved by the department.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”