- A Filipino lady discovered that some students don’t have enough money to buy food when they go to school.
- In an effort to help, she decided to open a small food store with affordable snacks.
- Amazingly, you can buy a sweet treat for as low as Php 1!
Sometimes it’s the little things that truly count. An old Filipino lady noticed that some students don’t have enough money to buy food when they go to school. In an effort to help the schoolchildren, she decided to open a small store selling everything from a tasty snack to a full meal. Amazingly, almost everything in her little shop costs only US¢1!
Nanay Mel is the owner of Nanay Mel’s Sidewalk Carinderia in Meycauayan, Bulacan in the Philippines. The elderly lady decided to open her food store to accommodate poor students and she began selling food for as low as Php 5.
Learn more about Nanay Mel’s story:
There is a lot to choose from when you visit Nanay Mel’s store. In addition to various Filipino favorites like kare-kare, menudo, and tinolang manok, she also offers fried rice in a cup for only Php 5 (US ¢10). It’s easy to get a satisfying meal for as low as ¢2 in her carinderia.
Amazingly, Nanay Mel also has several snacks that are even more affordable. You can purchase fish balls, cheese sticks, kikiam, and other popular street foods for as low as Php 1 each.
The fishballs at Nanay Mel’s are only for Php 1 each
Not surprisingly, Nanay Mel’s store is popular not just with students but also with young employees who want to save their money. Her constant customers could range from a young student wanting to get a sweet treat to a worker hoping to get a full and satisfying meal for only Php 20. Needless to say, Nanay Mel is helping more than just students with her carinderia.
It’s an impressive effort indeed and people are praising Nanay Mel for being a savior for students. Hopefully, there will be more stores like Nanay Mel’s around the world.
Guard Eats Junk Food With Rice So He Could Send Money to Family
The sacrifices a father is willing to make just to provide for his children’s needs.
- A Facebook user posted a heartbreaking story of a security guard from Southern Philippines.
- Apparently, the man eats junk food and rice everyday to provide for his family back home.
- The man hopes that once his children graduates in college, he will stop his unhealthy eating practice.
Plus-Sized Woman Loses Weight, Gets Crowned As Miss Great Britain
She was once obese. Now she’s a beauty queen!
- Jen Atkin just won as Miss Great Britain.
- To everyone's surprise, the 26-year-old beauty queen revealed she was once obese.
- Now an advocate of living a healthy lifestyle, Jen believes anyone can also lose weight and achieve their dreams if they're willing to work hard.
A Puppy Who Can’t Walk Becomes Friends With a Pigeon Who Can’t Fly
They always cuddle and have become inseparable.
- Lundy the Chihuaha was born with mobility problems linked to spinal damage.
- Hernan the pigeon is one of the rescue group's oldest residents.
- The foundation plans to make Lundy move himself by putting him on a wheelchair.
Like Us On Facebook
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding