- A sad beagle was only a few days away from being put down due to a serious medical problem.
- Luckily, a couple came to the shelter to rescue him and give him another chance in life.
- When the grateful pup realized he was leaving the shelter, he immediately hugged his savior in gratitude.
It’s a sad fact that thousands of dogs are euthanized every year because of serious medical problems. However, these unfortunate pups clearly appreciate it when given a second chance at life. A sad-looking beagle was rescued just a few days before he was scheduled to be put down. The sweet pooch was so grateful that he wouldn’t stop hugging his rescuer.
The photos were shared by Schenley Hutson Kirk, who runs the HOUND Rescue and Sanctuary with her husband Joe. The picture actually shows Joe with the beagle named Gregory, who was already on the Euthanasia List of a local pound. Luckily, Joe was able to get Gregory just in time and the grateful dog immediately hugged him as they left the shelter.
Find someone who looks at you the way Gregory looks at Joe.
Gregory was only two years old but has tested positive for heartworm. However, the couple refused to give up on the sweet pup and immediately gave him the treatment and love he truly deserves.
Schenley and Joe’s efforts certainly paid off. The couple revealed that Gregory has found his forever home after completing his treatment. The rescued dog now has a loving family along with another beagle.
“We are often asked how many dogs we have saved. The answer that always comes to mind is, ‘we have saved one more’. One more dog is safe and will have all of the love and respect that they are so deserving of. One more dog will be properly fed and receive needed veterinary care. One more dog will have a loving forever home. There is no better feeling and nothing in life that is more fulfilling,” they said.
Schenley and Joe have rescued several dogs from euthanasia through their non-profit organization. After caring for the pooches, the couple would then find a forever home so the dogs can get a second lease on life.
You can support and learn more about HOUND Rescue and Sanctuary on Facebook.
Loyal Dog Refuses To Leave Owner’s Crash Site So People Built Him A Home
The very good boy has been dubbed the ‘Greek Hachiko’.
- A truly loyal dog has refused to leave its owner's crash site despite repeated attempts to send him to a new home.
- Concerned locals kept trying to take the pup away but it would always return to the side of the road.
- People finally decided to build the pooch a home so it can continue to stay at the location.
Mom Throws Out Gay Son For Coming Out, Gets Disowned By Grandpa In Powerful Letter
“A parent disowning her child is what goes ‘against nature’.”
- A young man was disowned by his mother after he came out to her as being gay.
- However, the woman's father was not happy with what she had done to his grandson.
- The awesome grandfather penned a powerful letter disowning his own daughter for being the "shame in our family."
Loyal Dog Escapes Train, Walks 125 Miles To Return To Owner Who Abandoned Her
She braved the Russian wilderness, which is riddled with wolves and bears.
- Maru was given up by her owner, who's allergic to her
- She was put on the Trans-Siberian train so she will be sent back to where she came from
- The poor canine sustained injuries during her quest.