- A group of international researchers are warning that coronavirus patients with high blood pressure are twice more likely to die compared with others.
- Apparently, about 30% of 2,866 Covid-19 patients in Wuhan died having the condition.
A new study has revealed that coronavirus patients with high blood pressure have double the risk of dying from the disease compared with those who do not. In an international study published by the European Heart Journal, we learn just how having high blood pressure risky can be, especially for those who get infected of the dreaded Covid-19.
According to an international research group, they found out that out of Wuhan’s 2,866 coronavirus patients, around 30% had high blood pressure – and it eventually contributed to their demise.
Take this as a warning if you have high blood pressure…
One of the study leads, Ling Tao of Xijing Hospital’s cardiology department, explained it this way:
“Soon after we started to treat Covid-19 patients in early February in Wuhan, we noticed that nearly half of the patients who died had high blood pressure, which was a much higher percentage compared to those with only mild Covid-19 symptoms.”
The virus claimed the lives of about 4% of patients with high blood pressure compared with only 1.1% of those without the condition. Also, 7.9% patients of those who stopped taking their medicines for blood pressure also ended up dying.
Fei Li, also a study lead, added that it’s crucial for patients with high blood pressure to keep in mind that they’re “at increase risk of dying from Covid-19.”
As an advice, he reminds them to “take good care of themselves” so as not to catch the virus during the pandemic.
People with hypertension problems should be extra cautious.
Meanwhile, here’s another doctor claiming there is ”very convincing evidence“ that patients with high blood pressure experience “worse outcomes when they develop (coronavirus) infections.”
Watch this video:
Crazy Norway Landslide Sweeps Away 8 Houses Into The Sea
“You can basically say that I ran for my life,” said a resident.
- A huge landslide in Norway has swept away 8 houses into the sea.
- A local resident shared he "basically ran for (his) life."
- Authorities have yet to determine the cause of the natural tragedy.
- So far, no injuries or missing individuals have been reported.
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
It took days before the government knew about the accident.
- President Vladimir V. Putin has declared a state of emergency in Siberia after a huge oil spill.
- Reports say over 20,000 tons of diesel has spilled into the Ambarnaya River.
- Norilsk Nickel director Vyacheslav Starostin has since been detained.
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
“The autopsy result reflects asymptomatic but persistent positivity from previous infection.”
- African-American George Floyd got the novel coronavirus in April, according to the final autopsy.
- The Hennepin County Medical Examiner said that Floyd died due to cardiopulmonary arrest and the virus played no role in his death.
Like Us On Facebook
Beer Company Inadvertently Names their Beverage after Pubic Hair
Golden Retriever Being Abandoned By Its Owner Was Captured on Video
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
Sex Health Charity Advises People to Wear Masks During Sex and Only ‘Do Positions Facing Away From Each Other’