Connect with us

People

Chinese Vlogger Makes Big Mistake of Eating Poisonous Plant Live on Camera

The 26-year-old woman inadvertently ate a poisonous plant that she had mistaken as aloe vera.

Thanks to the Internet, there are now numerous platforms for self-expression. Aside from social media, there are sites where anyone can upload videos that can be seen by anyone with an Internet connection. It’s all good — until you throw a poisonous plant into the equation. That’s when all hell breaks loose.

A 26-year-old woman identified only as Zhang has established herself as a video blogger or vlogger. She often goes live when she demonstrates something or tries something new. In her latest live video session, Zhang was discussing the benefits of aloe vera.

She just wanted to stand out.

Aloe vera is a plant that is known for its healing properties. The gel from its leaves is used for a variety of skin conditions — from cold sores to sunburn.

Meanwhile, other studies indicate that aloe vera could help alleviate the complications caused by several ailments. This includes diabetes, asthma, stomach ulcers, and depression.

At first, she hides her pain well — but she eventually abandoned her live stream.

Like Logo on Facebook

Recently, more and more people have also used aloe vera as an ingredient in their health snacks. That’s because it contains a load of antioxidants, as well as folic acid. Obviously, this something that Zhang thought would be on-trend. Thus, she decided to do a live stream of her so-called “Alove Vera Feast” session live to her followers. Initially, her “Aloe Vera Feast” seems to be going well, but then she suddenly felt something different.

After she cut off the live stream, Zhang was rushed to the hospital. It turns out that what she had eaten was actually a poisonous plant. The toxic plant was eventually identified as the Agave Americana. The plant, which is native to Mexico, bears some resemblance to aloe vera.

Compare: Aloe vera (left) vs. Agave Americana (right)

Apparently, the Agave Americana’s sap causes a burning sensation upon contact with skin. If a lot of is ingested, the sap can cause kidney and liver damage. Thankfully, Zhang’s mouth had gone numb and her throat had felt like it was on fire after she ate some Agave Americana leaves. This stopped her from consuming even more of the plant.

Fortunately for Zhang, doctors say she will make a full recovery from her ill-advised ordeal.

People

Breastfeeding Mom Fires Back at Stranger Who Told Her To ‘Put Her F**king Tits Away’

Kudos to this awesome mother!

We all know that breastfeeding is great for babies. Medical experts have repeatedly emphasized its value, particularly the numerous health benefits for both the mother and then baby. So yes, for the most part, people are well-educated about the importance of breastfeeding.

The sad reality, however, is that there is still a stigma about mothers who chose to breastfeed their babies. We've seen several social experiments in the past that totally establish this. Many still consider it awkward and inappropriate to see mothers nursing their young ones in public. Which really shouldn't be the case in the first place.

Besides, breastfeeding is the most natural way of feeding a baby and mothers who do it actually deserve to be commended. Just ask any mom and they will readily tell you how physically challenging this seemingly-simple task can be. The last thing they would need is to be ridiculed and disrespected....

Continue Reading

People

Teddy Atlas Tells Horn He Lost To Pacquiao, Many Others React To Shocking Results

Many people believe Manny Pacquiao has been robbed. What do you think?

Boxing analyst Teddy Atlas couldn’t believe the results of the Pacquiao-Horn boxing match held in Brisbane, Australia. The championship match, which hailed Jeff Horn as the winner, sparked a critical social media trend worldwide. Just like Atlas, other celebrities across the globe couldn’t believe the results of the match.

Horn undeniably came out stronger in the first few rounds, but Manny Pacquiao rocked on the second half of the match. The referee even asked Horn to show something in the 10th round or the fight will be stopped.

Let's get ready to rumble!

...

Continue Reading

People

An 11-Year-Old Autistic Boy Drew How He Will Die Years Before His Actual Demise

A father believes his autistic son predicted how he will die and drew the death scene years before his actual demise.

The 11-year-old boy Ognjen ‘Ogi’ Rakocevic, who was born with autism, was found dead outside the Church of St. Nicholas and on the shores of Lake Skadar last year. What’s shocking about his demise is that his father Branko believes that Ogi had a premonition of how he will die years before.

Branko, who hails from Podgorica, Montenegro, claims that his autistic son foresaw his death scene and doodled it on a paper years before he was found dead. Ogi was seen lifeless and it was believed that he fell into the Moraca River where he drowned to death.

The place where Ogi's body was found on the shores of Lake Skadar, Montenegro.

...

Continue Reading