- China has announced that a new regulation will be imposed to combat video game addiction among minors.
- The policy includes a curfew for gaming, as well as certain limitations for the aoun gamers can spend each month.
- So far, netizens have mixed reactions about it.
China has a new solution against video game addiction among the youth. According to reports, the country is implementing a strict curfew for minors in an attempt to decrease the time – and money – they spend on gaming.
The new regulation means youngsters under the age of 18 will not be allowed to play online games from 10 PM to 8 AM and they will only be permitted 90 minutes of gaming within the allowed time.
All gamers will also need to use real names and details whenever they register. Moreover, minors’ gaming expenses will be limited to 200 yuan (US $28) per month while those ages 16 to 18 may spend up to 400 yuan (US $56).
In an official statement issued by the government, game developers have likewise been encouraged to tweak their “content, functions or rules” in a way that addiction can be avoided by young gamers.
As expected, the new policy attracted mixed reactions from netizens on social media.
Some commenters praised the government’s efforts saying the restrictions are “needed” and “timely.”
On the other hand, there are also those who think it is “very unfair” since most Chinese teens are in school from 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM, which means they won’t have any time left to play at all.
Video game addiction is a huge problem not only in China but in many countries across the world.
Addiction specialist Dr. Kirk Moberg has warned that excessive gaming can cause elbow, neck, and wrist pains, skin blisters, and even sleep disorders. Long-term addiction may also lead to obesity and blood clots, the expert explained.
In fact, the World Health Organization (WHO) has previously specified that they want to officially categorize gaming addiction as a mental health disorder.
Idaho Couple Builds the Perfect Airbnb Rental for Dog Lovers
It’s the perfect place for you and your furry companion!
- Looking for a unique experience for you and your dog? There's an amazing Airbnb for humans and canines in Idaho.
- The stunning beagle-shaped home was built by two artists who love dogs.
- In addition to its unique shape, the bed & breakfast is filled with doggy-inspired artwork and goodies that your puppy will love.
Female Dragonflies Fake Death to Avoid Sex
Some guys just can’t take a hint.
- Scientists have found that female dragonflies have an interesting way to avoid mating.
- A video reveals that the female would pretend to be dead so that the male will not mate with her.
- The unusual behavior is believed to be a survival tactic.
Octopus Changes Colors While Dreaming In Stunning Video
What does an octopus dream about?
- A stunning video shows a sleeping octopus going through magnificent color changes.
- According to the marine biologist, the octopus named Heidi may have been dreaming about finding a crab and eating it.
- The video somehow confirms that animals can actually dream about their regular routines.
Like Us On Facebook
Greece Turns Ancient Shipwreck Into Amazing Underwater Museum
Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab Vows to Make the People Responsible for Beirut Explosion “Pay the Price”
Emirates To Pay Funeral Costs Of Passengers Who Get Infected With COVID-19
In Photos: The Aftermath of the Massive Beirut Explosion That Terrified the World
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
Thousands March in Berlin to Protest Germany’s COVID-19 Restrictions
Archeologists Unearth Enormous 3,300-Year-Old Prehistoric Bird Claw, and People Have Varying Opinions About What to Do With It
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands “Barkada” Restaurant to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation
- Interesting6 days ago
Video of a Vlogger Doing Nothing for 2 Hours Easily Got 1.6 Million Views
- OMG7 days ago
Doctors Remove Live Worm From Woman’s Tonsil After Eating Sashimi
- News5 days ago
500,000-Year Extinct Weishan Volcano in China Appears to be Recharging
- Inspiring6 days ago
6-Year-Old Boy Saves Sister From Dog Attack, Receives ‘Captain America’ Shield And Other Gifts