- A lobster restaurant is trying to sedate crustaceans before boiling them by getting them high on marijuana.
- The technique reportedly relaxes the lobsters so they don’t feel pain when dropped in boiling water.
- The restaurant owner claims that eating these stoned lobsters will not make the customer high.
The world is certainly changing as people are looking for kinder ways to deal with animals. For instance, a restaurant in Maine is trying to soothe lobsters before they are cooked. But here’s the catch: to do that, the lobsters get high on pot right before they are boiled.
Charlotte Gill is the owner of Charlotte’s Legendary Lobster Pound in Southwest Harbor, Maine where lobsters are soaked in water infused with marijuana smoke. Gill believes that the special water sedates the crustaceans before they are cooked, hence offering a humane way to boil lobsters. However, customers can rest assured that they won’t get high from eating the baked lobsters.
Would you eat a lobster high on pot?
Gill came up with the idea of sedating the lobsters after reading studies that claim the crustaceans feel pain when they are dropped in boiling water.
“I feel bad that when lobsters come here there is no exit strategy,” she said. “It’s a unique place, and you get to do such unique things but at the expense of this little creature. I’ve really been trying to figure out how to make it better.”
Interestingly, there is no scientific evidence confirming that the marijuana-infused water actually sedates the lobsters. However, Gill did point out that when she tried the water technique on a lobster named Roscoe, the crustacean seemed calmer.
Lobsters are reportedly more relaxed when soaked in cannabis-infused water.
The restaurant owner added that THC, the cannabinoid in marijuana that gets people stoned, breaks down at the temperature required to properly cook lobster. This means it is not possible for you to get high on a cannabis-infused lobster.
The strange technique certainly sounds more humane. However, you’ll have to let Gill know if you’re interested in a lobster high on pot. Gill revealed that she only offers the baked crustaceans to interested customers.
Graffiti Artist Turns Huge Beach Rock Into A Great White Shark And People Are Loving It
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water!
- A graffiti artist came across a sharp protruding rock in a beach in Goa and inspiration immediately struck.
- Jimmy Swift decided to turn the rock into a shark similar to the iconic poster of 'Jaws'.
- Not surprisingly, people are loving it and have been taking pictures with the 'shark'.
NASA Is Opening The ISS To Tourists For Staggering $35K-A-Night Visits
Is it time to make your astronaut dreams come true?
- The agency has announced that the ISS will now be open for commercial business.
- NASA will only allow up to two people per year to stay for up to a month on the station as long as they pay the $35,000 nightly fee.
- Interested visitors must also find their own aircraft to get to the ISS.
Adorable Puppy That Sleeps Like It’s Done With Life Goes Viral
I have found my new spirit animal!
- An adorable puppy is taking over the internet because of the unique way she takes naps.
- Paningning the Shih Tzu prefers to lie on her back with her legs flat on the ground and usually appears to be absolutely done with life.
- The pup has gone viral with over 114,000 followers on Instagram.
Like Us On Facebook
Nurse Claims 90,000 People Are Already Infected By Coronavirus In China
Comic Artist, Who Stands 5-Feet, Shares The Advantages of Being Short
Deadly Chinese Wuhan Virus Speculated to Have Come From Bat Soup
Vice Mayor Claims Lava Stops When Its Wet, Police Wants To Throw Him Into Taal Volcano