Saying “please” and “thank you” or picking up after yourself are things we’re all taught from a young age, and they can go a long way with others. But there are some habits we have that, while we may not consider them to be rude, could rub people the wrong way.
Maybe you’re someone who’s been accidentally pissing people off with your lack of knowledge about certain etiquette. Perhaps you’re someone who likes to impress people with your etiquette skills. Either way, there are some basic life rules we should all know and follow. Here are 12 simple rules everyone should know by heart.
1. If someone else is paying for the meal, do not choose the most expensive menu item.
2. Always offer to pay even if you’re being treated.
3. Don’t criticize your friend’s significant other if they’ve done nothing wrong.
4. You should admit when you’re wrong.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
6. Don’t text during a date.
Be considerate. Always put yourself in other people’s shoes so you’d understand what it’s like if they treat you the way you treat them.
7. Put your phone down when you’re spending time with your family.
8. Never open the rest of the camera roll when someone told you to just check a specific photo.
9. Never show up empty-handed to a dinner party. (At least bring a bottle of wine.)
10. Wipe down your equipment after you use it at the gym.
11. If there are a bunch of free urinals/stalls, don’t take the one right next to someone else.
12. Live the moment. Enjoy every second of it.
This last simple rule is for you. Experiencing things first-hand is way more important than looking through your phone. Pictures may fade, but the memories that you make with your loved ones will always be treasured and remembered.
Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes
2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast
Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards
Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway
Man Shocks Reporter on How He’d Spend the Lottery Winnings
Man Joins Search Operation Not Realizing He’s the One Missing
World’s Oldest Rhino Dies in Italian Zoo at 54 Years Old
Meet Quilty – Cat Escape Artist Helping Other Cats Jailbreak
Fans Use American Flag to Save Falling Cat During Football Game in Miami
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture
Entertainment9 months ago
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Could “Unite The People” If He Runs As US President, Says The Undertaker
OMG9 months ago
Pastor Heals People By Farting The ‘Holy Spirit’ On Their Faces
Sci/Tech7 months ago
After Over A Year Into The Pandemic, WHO Finally Admits Coronavirus Airborne Transmission Is Possible
Sci/Tech8 months ago
“Pyramid-Shaped” UFO Videos And Pics Are Authentic, Pentagon Confirms