- Wagyu’s marbling makes the meat juicy and rich, making it more in-demand.
- Kobe beef is more expensive, however, because it comes from a rarer type of cow strain.
- Wagyu meat produces more fat than regular cow meat.
You may or may not have eaten Wagyu beef, but surely you are aware that it’s one of the most expensive types of beef in the market. Have you ever wondered what makes this native Japanese beef cattle so pricey?
The name Wagyu tranlates very literally. “Wa” means Japanese and “gyu” means cow. What makes it stand out from other beef types is its marbling or its intra-muscular fat cells.
Wagyu’s marbling is extremely tie-dyed, which makes its meat rich, tender, and juicy. This makes the beef more in-demand and expensive.
According to Alicia Rooker, editor of the website Taste of Home, “Wagyu fat melts at a lower temperature than other stakes, resulting in a rich, buttery flavor. This fat is also unsaturated and high in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.”
There are four breeds of Wagyu in Japan: the Japanese Brown, the Japanese Black, and the Japanese Shorthorn.
The country regulates its Wagyu production stricly and progeny testing is a must.
This practice guarantees that only the highest quality Wagyu meat is produced. The Japanese have banned the export of the Wagyu cattle before, but now there are ranchers in the U.S. who raise them.
Wagyu is usually compared to Kobe beef, another expensive cow meat. Wagyu has different levels or strains, which include Fujiyoshi, Kedaka, and Red Wagyu. Kobe beef originated from the Tajima-Gyu strain, which more rare than wagyu. This makes Kobe more expensive. Rooker said that there are only 3000 cattle that qualify as authentic Kobe in a year.
So what is the best way to cook Wagyu beef?
According to chef Andrea Spagoni of one-Michelin-starred restaurant Beefbar, one should use less or no oil for cooking, since wagyu meat releases more fat than regular beef.
“The resting time for cooked wagyu would be shorter than other types of beef as wagyu has less blood vessels (so the meat would not lose as much juices). A good point of reference: A 200g piece of regular beef should rest for around 10 minutes, so the same cut and weight of a wagyu steak would need to be rested for a lesser time than that,” Spagoni said.
Sugar Baby Paid Off Her Student Debt With The Help of Her Five Sugar Daddies
Her boyfriend is supportive of her career as a “sugar baby.”
- Gracie Adams, 19 years old, has settled her tuition debt in Lincoln University - thanks to her five sugar daddies.
- Adams, a sugar baby for more than 2 years now, earns over £300 per date plus she often gets gifts such as new dresses and shoes.
- Her family and boyfriend are all supportive of her sugar baby “career,” although they sometimes fear for her safety.
Netflix Has A New Transformers Series – And It Looks Awesome!
“Transform and roll out!”
- Netflix has released the trailer for a new film series entitled Transformers: War for Cybertron (Siege).
- The chapter 1 of a 3-part saga, the new animated feature stars iconic characters Optimus Prime and Megatron.
- No release date has yet been mentioned, as of this writing.
Burger King’s New Ad Shows Whopper In Molds and People Think It’s Genius
The ad promises “real food tastes better.”
- Fast food giant Burger King recently released a bold new ad that shows their iconic Whopper in olds.
- The time lapse video shows the burger in 34 days and ends with the promise "no artificial preservatives."
- The stunt has earned mixed reactions but many commenters praised it, with others even pointing out that it's clearly an attack against McDonald's "never-aging burger."
Like Us On Facebook
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding