- Patrick Hukins, a vegan man, fell ill after eating real ham from a plant-based pizza he bought at Doomino’s.
- The company has since apologized about the error, promising that they will do their best to avoid similar mistakes.
A vegan guy recently went viral after sharing about how disappointed he was with his dining experience at a local Domino’s. According to him, he was left feeling “betrayed” because of the store’s mistake.
As the reports tell us, Patrick Hukins of Sydney, Australia ordered a plant-based pizza but the crew still served him one with ham. He was really suspicious about the topping and so he asked them about it but was told it was not real ham.
So he ate the whole thing. The problem, however, is he eventually ended up getting sick because of it.
In an interview with the Daily Mail, Patrick described that he “had a horrible sinking feeling” that the ham in question was indeed animal meat. “I felt shame and pain for the animal…” he said. “I was shocked.”
Patrick, who has embraced the vegan lifestyle for 4 years, also pointed out that eating meat without his knowledge or consent felt like an attack against his values. So he decided to get in touch with Domino’s via Facebook to tell them about the problem. Despite showing them pictures of his order, he said Domino’s still took the side of their employees.
When Domino’s was contacted by the Daily Mail, a spokesperson admitted that it was all an “inadvertent mistake” and assured the public that the pizza chain is committed to providing their customers with 100% satisfaction.
The company also said that they want to “publicly apologize” to Patrick and encouraged other customers who may have had similar experiences to let the know as well.
The spokesperson likewise added that Domino’s is as one of the biggest vegan food sellers in the country and that they will use this incident as a learning experience for their staff.
12 Signs That Scream “I’m Getting Older”
Do you feel old? You probably are. Here are 10 signs that time is indeed catching up with you…
- Relative as it is to many, ageing, for some people, remains to be one scary concept
- Despite the number of available materials meant to help our elderly loved ones confront the reality of ageing in the healthiest way possible, acceptance remains a long and slow, if not painful, process
- To some people, however, ageing is hard to accept especially when the obvious physical signs of old age set in really late
Company Gets Bashed For Shaming A Job Applicant On Social Media
The company posted her photo and wrote “I am looking for a professional marketer – not a bikini model.”
A marketing company has sparked outrage online after shaming one of their job applicants on social media. Kickass Masterminds, a Texas-based firm, shared the bikini photo of Emily Clow on their Instagram story and implied she didn't get the internship position because of the said image.
Young Malaysian Couple Ignores Customs, Seals The Deal With KFC Fried Chicken On Dowry Tray
Who needs expensive jewelry when you can have a bucket of fried chicken?
- A bride-to-be had an unusual request for her fiance when it was time for their engagement party.
- The Malaysian woman wanted her husband-to-be to bring some KFC fried chicken to be added on the dowry tray.
- Not surprisingly, the couple immediately sealed the deal although they somehow ignored the usual Malaysian customs.
Like Us On Facebook
Company Makes Awesome ‘Sword Keys’ That Will Make You Feel Like A Real Hero
Romantic Guy Uses Drone to Meet Girl from A Nearby Building and Their Quarantined Love Story’s The Sweetest
Chinese Vendors Are Still Selling Bats and Other Exotic Animals, Says A Source
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak