- Relative as it is to many, ageing, for some people, remains to be one scary concept
- Despite the number of available materials meant to help our elderly loved ones confront the reality of ageing in the healthiest way possible, acceptance remains a long and slow, if not painful, process
- To some people, however, ageing is hard to accept especially when the obvious physical signs of old age set in really late
Age is a relative concept but it does catch up with everyone. Whether it sneaked up unnoticed or not is irrelevant. There will come a time when there really won’t be any other available choice except to accept that despite grim determination and the best efforts to hold it off, ageing hits everyone.
There are so many reasons why people are never ready when it comes to old age. First: there is that entrenched primal fear in humans and in all animals, of extinction or annihilation.
Old age is somehow symbolic of eventual death, hence the fear.
Second, nothing in the future is set in stone especially for humans. As such, the need to constantly destroy or deny the existence of everything unknown or potentially painful makes recognizing the signs old age absolutely close to none. Of course, there is always the off-chance that ageing doesn’t get noticed, if you’re lucky enough to be blessed with genes that are spiked with eternally youthful elements.
On the flip side, some people may not exactly find ageing agreeable but are good enough to share their funny take on the tell-tale signs of ageing. We rounded up some of the best ones just for you:
#1. When 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. are both quite late,
#2. …and 9 a.m. is pretty late because… well, you know, 4:30 a.m. is just right.
#3. When you get excited upon receiving household stuff via mail…
#4. …or when you’re all set for a Perfect Friday date with the couch or your bed.
#5. When bending down has started becoming a chore…
#6. …and you start thinking of excuses not to pick things up from the floor.
#7. Certain words start to have different meanings…
#8. …and quickie is no longer just about sex.
#9. When pigging out is but a long-gone memory;
#10. and everything hurts all the time regardless of activity levels…
#11. So, your body keeps complaining.
#12. You start reading up on ageing, got here somehow, and then…
You realized you actually agreed to almost everything on this list, which means, you just admitted that you’ve aged. Congratulations!
Company Gets Bashed For Shaming A Job Applicant On Social Media
The company posted her photo and wrote “I am looking for a professional marketer – not a bikini model.”
A marketing company has sparked outrage online after shaming one of their job applicants on social media. Kickass Masterminds, a Texas-based firm, shared the bikini photo of Emily Clow on their Instagram story and implied she didn't get the internship position because of the said image.
Young Malaysian Couple Ignores Customs, Seals The Deal With KFC Fried Chicken On Dowry Tray
Who needs expensive jewelry when you can have a bucket of fried chicken?
- A bride-to-be had an unusual request for her fiance when it was time for their engagement party.
- The Malaysian woman wanted her husband-to-be to bring some KFC fried chicken to be added on the dowry tray.
- Not surprisingly, the couple immediately sealed the deal although they somehow ignored the usual Malaysian customs.
Couple Ties The Knot Wearing Shirts And Jeans To Prove Weddings Don’t Have To Cost A Fortune
A wedding isn’t all about the glamour – but the love between the bride and groom.
- Glen and Rebecca Maxwell went viral after proving that weddings do not have to be expensive.
- The couple wore shirts and jeans on their big day.
- Netizens have since praised the pair for being practical and focusing on what matters most - the celebration of their love.
Like Us On Facebook
Woman Bakes Heart-Shaped Macarons, They Ended Up Looking Like Something Else
Helicopters Drop Food For Hungry Animals Who Survived Australian Wildfire
Sweet Filipina Woman Proposes To Her Boyfriend – And He Said Yes!
People are Outraged at Wendy Williams for Mocking Joaquin Phoenix’s “Cleft Lip”