- A stunning video shows a sleeping octopus going through magnificent color changes.
- According to the marine biologist, the octopus named Heidi may have been dreaming about finding a crab and eating it.
- The video somehow confirms that animals can actually dream about their regular routines.
Have you ever wondered if animals can dream? One scientist may have proven that an octopus can dream while it is sleeping. In addition to that, he tried to guess what the cephalopod was dreaming about and the result is pretty awesome.
Dr. David Scheel is a marine biologist who has been raising an octopus named Heidi. The cephalopod is the subject of the documentary Octopus: Making Contact and Heidi has proven that she is great at solving puzzles, using tools, and getting in and out of small spaces. Additionally, Heidi dreams while she is sleeping and this is confirmed as she changes colors in her sleep.
Meet Heidi, the dreaming octopus.
So what does an octopus dream about? Dr. Scheel has an idea as he narrates the video of Heidi changing colors in her sleep. Dr. Scheel claims that Heidi may have been dreaming about finding a crab and leaving her home to hunt it. This is when the octopus goes dark and then changes colors again when she captures the crab and begins to eat it.
Heidi goes completely dark in her sleep.
According to the scientist, Heidi could be using her camouflage so she can consume her catch in peace. Either way, the octopus shows off some amazing color changes in her sleep, revealing that her brain is still active during slumber.
It’s a stunning video that somehow confirms that dreams can affect an octopus’ colors. Although it is unclear if Heidi was actually dreaming of catching a juicy crab, people are hoping that she was having a happy dream.
Watch the amazing video below:
World’s Largest Volcanic Crater Discovered In The Philippines
The caldera was discovered by a New Zealand-based Filipina scientist!
- The largest caldera in the world has been found in the Benham Rise in the Philippines.
- The massive volcanic crater is said to be 92 miles in diameter and may have been created by several huge eruptions throughout history.
- The caldera was discovered by a Filipina scientist who is based in New Zealand.
China’s New Helicopter Actually Looks Like A UFO
China claims the fully-armed aircraft cannot be detected by radar.
China's newest helicopter is an absolute head-turner. Everyone who has seen it so far has the same impression: it looks like a UFO! And it has since created quite a buzz on social media.
Ducks, Geese, and Swans Are Dying Because People Have Stopped Feeding Them Bread
Now people are encouraged to feed them bread again.
- People were initially told to stop feeding bread to the birds, saying bread is bad for them.
- Because of lack of bread, the birds have become underweight or starving to death.
- Now people in the UK are encouraged to feed bread to the birds again.