- The recent swarm of desert locusts in Gurgaon sent the local government of New Delhi on high alert.
- Officials say they plan to disperse staff to teach people how to drive the locusts away.
- Some people think this is a sign that the world is ending, as stated in the Bible.
With the sequence of horrifying events worldwide, the recent locust plague in Gurgaon City has sent the local government of the neighboring New Delhi City on high alert as advised by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
Atul Kapur, a 56-year-old businessman and a resident of Gurgaon City, said that a swarm of desert locusts called tiddi came and clouded the sky before settling down on terraces and roofs. Eventually, the locusts were swept away by the wind.
Gopal Rai, the city’s Labor and Development Minister, said that the city advised all district magistrates “to remain on high alert” while the government made efforts to contain the migratory pests. Local officials also added that more staff would be deployed to teach the residents how to disperse the locusts.
According to the advisory, the local government plans to set off some firecrackers, “making high decibel sound through beating of drum [or] utensil, playing high volume music on music system.”
Search for food and breeding grounds
In the last few weeks, locusts have been invading cities in Iran and Pakistan before it crossed over to India. Reports say that these migratory pests had destroyed crops. With the upcoming monsoon season, locals fear that it will be a favorable breeding ground and the pests will multiply even more.
United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) issued a warning to the Indian government about an invasion of spring-bred adult groups of desert locusts since they keep appearing in the Indo-Pakistan border.
Major U.S. Franchisee of Pizza Hut and Wendy’s Files for Bankruptcy
NPC International operates over 1,200 Pizza Hut and almost 400 Wendy’s restaurants in the U.S.
- NPC International has joined the growing list of United States companies that have filed for bankruptcy amid the global pandemic.
- The franchisee operates more than 1,200 Pizza Hut and nearly 400 Wendy's restaurants in the country.
Six Individuals Contract COVID-19 After Partying in Zurich Nightclub, 300 Others Under Quarantine
“The man was at the Flamingo Club on June 21 and tested positive of COVID-19 on June 25”
- After easing restrictions in most European countries, six individuals who partied in a nightclub, contracted the dreaded coronavirus.
- 300 other nightclub attendees and workers are now under quarantine.
- Due to this incident, the Zurich government may again order a closure for all clubs.
COVID-19 Death Toll Hits 500,000 as Global Cases Reaches 10-M Mark
“We are not even beginning to be over this,” a CDC officer said.
- The global death toll of COVID-19 has continually risen with the increasing number of confirmed cases.
- The deaths hit the 500,000 marker, with 10 million cases worldwide.
- This new levels came out right after government agencies started contemplating about reopening public places.
- Health officials believe that the grim figures suggest under- reporting of cases.
Like Us On Facebook
Beer Company Inadvertently Names their Beverage after Pubic Hair
Golden Retriever Being Abandoned By Its Owner Was Captured on Video
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
People Are Advised To Have Sεx With Masks On And Only ‘Do Positions Facing Away From Each Other’