- A mother and her children went on a holiday and were set to meet the father of the family.
- They got lost in the jungles of Colombia and lived off wild fruits and berries.
- They unknowingly crossed into Peru, where the authorities found them.
A 40-year-old mother was on a holiday with her three children when they got lost in the jungles of Colombia. It was only after 34 days that they were rescued by authorities.
It seemed like a miracle that the family managed to survive after more than a month of being lost in the jungle, but somehow they managed to do so by living off wild fruits and berries that they managed to find while they were wandering aimlessly.
The Colombian Navy extracted the family from Peru and were taken to the hospital right away.
According to the Colombian Navy, the mother and children, aged 10, 12, and 14, went on a holiday and were set to meet the father of the family. They were reported missing on December 19.
The mother and her children were following the Putumayo River and were not aware that they already crossed into Peru. They were found in the northern sector of Yubineto (which is bordering Colombia) near the village of La Esperanza.
The family was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital.
Indigenous members of the Secoya community found the group of four and contacted the Peruvian authorities.
The Colombian Navy went on to rescue the family. They were taken to the ESE Hospital Maria Angelines in the town of Puerto Leguizamo, where they were reunited with the father.
They were later reunited with the father, who was waiting at the hospital.
The father hugging one of his emaciated kids…
The children suffered severe malnutrition because of the ordeal.
General Sergio Alfredo Serrano, Commander of the Naval Force of Southern Colombia, said that “The mother confirmed that they ate wild fruits and whatever else they could find for the 34 days they were missing.”
The mother later told the media that they lasted half an hour without drinking water before fainting. She revealed that they had to drink water all the time and that the girls were unable to walk.
“We hope there will not be any complications and we will keep you informed about the family’s health situation,” Serrano added.
Sickened Customer Claims KFC Served Raw Chicken and Ignored Her Complaint
This is probably the worst thing you can find in your dinner.
- A woman discovered that the fried chicken she purchased at a local KFC wasn't really fried after all.
- The customer was shocked when she realized that the chicken she had been served at the fast-food chain was still raw.
- Although she contacted the store, the management appears to have ignored her complaint.
Inspired by Mobile Game, Teen Girl Travels to 10 Cities in 18 Days
She didn’t tell her parents about her plans!
- A 15-year-old girl had become so obsessed with a mobile game that she decided to imitate it in real life.
- The teenager left her home and set off to visit 10 different cities in the span of 18 days, just like the main character in her favorite game.
- Although she didn't tell her parents about her whereabouts, she was later found when she had an argument with a rickshaw driver.
Bride Pens 2-Page Invitation Telling Guests to Eat Before Attending Wedding
They would only be serving cookies at the reception!
- A bride-to-be has decided to write a lengthy two-page memo instead of sending out the standard wedding invitation.
- The document reveals that the couple is only planning to serve cookies and some cupcakes at the reception so guests must eat beforehand.
- The invitation ended up on a Facebook shaming page.
Like Us On Facebook
Slim Three-Foot-Wide House Separates Two Churches in Portugal
Calf Born on Valentine’s Day Has a Perfect Heart-Shaped Mark on Her Forehead
Awful Genetics Caused the Extinction of the Last Mammoths on Earth
Is Quaden Bayles Really 18 Years Old and His Bullying Story a Scam?
A “Prophet” in Malawi Allegedly Sells Soap That Can Wash Away Your Sins
Heartbreaking Video Shows Bullied Kid With Dwarfism Begging Mom For Rope To Kill Himself
After Seeing Heartbreaking Video of Bullied Boy, Comedian Raises Over $150,000 To Send Him to Disneyland
Here’s How China Managed to Build a 400,000-Square Feet Hospital in Just 7 Days