- Mia Khalifa continues to be one of the most popular adult film stars despite her retirement in 2014.
- However, the former actress claims she only earned $12,000 throughout her brief career.
- Khalifa also admitted that she decided to stop doing adult films after the infamous hijab scene.
Mia Khalifa is undoubtedly one of the most well-known names in the porn industry. This is certainly an amazing feat considering that her career only lasted for three months. However, Khalifa has revealed that fame doesn’t necessarily mean success. The former actress admitted that she only made a disappointing $12,000 when she was working as an adult film star.
In an interview that she posted on her official Twitter account, Mia Khalifa shared that being an adult film actress isn’t as lucrative as most people believe. She also revealed that the true reason why she left the industry was because of the infamous video where she was shown wearing a hijab.
Mia Khalifa with interviewer Meg Abbott
In the interview, Mia Khalifa opened up about the hijab scene and how it completely changed her life.
“The turning point, of course, was when I did the hijab scene. That is when the ISIS death threats came in, all of the news broke out – globally. Not just in America. It was trending on Twitter, it was all over the news,” Khalifa said.
“I was banned from a handful of countries…Egypt…Afghanistan…Very Muslim countries were deeply offended by it – and I’m Catholic. So to me it wasn’t, ‘Oh yeah, this is bad.’ What I actually said when they proposed the scene to me, and this is verbatim, was: ‘You motherf–ers are going to get me killed.'”
In a later tweet, Mia Khalifa pointed out that she only earned $12,000 during her brief career. This means she was only paid $1,000 for each adult film she made during her three months in the industry.
She is currently engaged to her longtime chef boyfriend.
It has been five years since Mia Khalif’s retirement and she is certainly moving forward. She is currently engaged to chef Robert Sandberg, who actually shared a hilarious engagement story.
Watch the full interview below:
Islamic TV Station Gets Banned After Saying Gays Are “Worse Than Pigs”
One of the presenters said pigs are more “dignified” than gay men.
- Islamic channel Peace TV has attracted public outrage after several of their programs condemned the LGBT people, calling homosexuality as "insane" and "influenced by Satan."
- The network is now facing possible sanctions from Ofcom, including losing their license.
Anti-Vaxxer Gets Burned For Wearing “Jesus Wasn’t Vaccinated” Shirt
Netizens didn’t hold back and roasted her hard!
- The official Christian Nightmares account on Twitter recently posted a picture of a woman wearing a "Jesus Wasn't Vaccinated" shirt.
- Not surprisingly, she was immediately roasted by netizens.
- The World Health Organization has previously identified anti-vaxxers as among the world's major health threats.
Animal Rights Activist Says We Should Allow Mosquitoes To Drink Our Blood
He says we should just consider it a “blood donation” for an insect trying to nourish her children.
An animal rights activist recently went viral – and raised a lot of eyebrows – because of his controversial remarks. According to French radio and TV personality Aymeric Caron, we should not kill mosquitoes when they bite us. Instead we should just let them suck our blood!