- During an interview with the British Vogue magazine, Emma Watson has described herself as ‘self-partnered.’
- The actress, who is 29, says she prefers the term over being ‘happy single.’
Single people, especially those in their late 20s and 30s often get asked about when they’ll get married and have babies of their own. And those questions can be quite common, regardless if the individual is in a relationship or not. So yeah, it can be pretty annoying.
Well it looks like even successful celebrities such as Emma Watson cannot escape these silly questions. But instead of replying she’s happy staying single, the 29-year-old actress has come up with a new response: she’s self-partnered.
In an interview with the British Vogue, the actress-slash-feminist admitted approaching her 30s has caused her stress and anxiety, particularly when she’s asked about having a stable career and a family of her own. However, she has since learned to deal with it.
She told the magazine:
“I never believed the whole ‘I’m happy single’ spiel. It took me a long time, but I’m very happy. I call it being self-partnered.”
Watson’s remarks have since sparked mixed reactions from netizens on social media
For example, some have been noticeably negative about the term calling it “ridiculous” with asking what’s wrong with the word ‘single’?
One commenter wrote:
“The word ‘partner’ refers to two individuals. So this is a no!”
“I don’t know if it’s just me but ‘self-partnered’ sounds a bit too narcissistic to my ears.”
A fan also defended:
“I think she has a positive way of thinking about being single. We could also use the term ‘self-partnered’ to mean to look after oneself and do what is right for us as individuals.””
Meanwhile, Andi Zeisler, co-founder of Bitch Media, hit Watson’s critics this way:
You can watch the full interview here:
2 Year Old Girl Gets Giant ‘Harry Potter’ Playhouse From Grandparents
And you thought your grandparents spoiled you.
- A two-year-old girl just got a truly lavish 'Harry Potter'-inspired present from her doting grandparents.
- The Ontario couple had an enormous Hogwarts playhouse built for the little girl in their back garden.
- The structure would make any Harry Potter fan green with envy.
‘Joker’ Movie Turns Stairs In New York Into A Tourist Attraction
- New York has a new tourist spot - that staircase where Joker's dance scene was filmed.
- Hundreds of fans have flocked to the area to have their photos taken, as they posed like the movie villain.
Pink Challenges Netizens To ‘Go One Day Without Criticizing Someone’
She’s sick and tired of all the negativity online!
- Singer-songwriter Pink has issued a worldwide challenge - go one day on the internet without criticizing anyone.
- In the past, the pop star has been bashed by mom-shamers for her parenting mishaps.
Like Us On Facebook
Scientists Discover First Antarctic Frog From 200 Million Years Ago
Trained Dogs in South Africa Saved 45 Rhinos from Poaching
Woman Sparks Outrage After She Complained About Finding Other People at the Beach She Went To
Teacher Takes Care of Student’s Newborn Baby Brother While Family Awaits COVID-19 Test Results
- News6 days ago
Anti-Parasitic Drug Killed COVID-19 Within 48 Hours, Australian Scientists Discovered
- People6 days ago
Parents Shocked After 8-Week-Old Baby Learns To Stand Up On Her Own
- People7 days ago
Woman Completes 20 Courses from Major Universities While In Quarantine
- News3 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”