- Mask-wearing protesters are waving signs that say “Stay At Home.”
- Mexico has 585 cases while the U.S. has more than 97,000.
- Authorities in Mexico, including the President, are not taking the threat of the virus seriously.
In normal circumstances, it’s America who wants to prevent Mexicans from crossing the border. Now things have taken an interesting switch – it’s the Mexicans who are now blocking the entry of Americans in their country.
Last week, demonstrators blocked the southbound lanes of Nogales, which is the border-crossing point. This links the Mexican state of Sonora to the U.S. state of Arizona.
The protestors were demanding that anyone who wants to cross the border from the U.S. side should already have tested negative for coronavirus before being given permission to enter.
The United States now has the highest number of coronavirus cases in the world, with more than 97,000 infected persons confirmed.
As of March 27, Arizona has more than 400 cases. Six have already died. In comparison, the entire Mexico only has 585. Sonora 4 cases state-wide.
Wearing masks and using vehicles to block the traffic, the protesters waved banners that say “Stay At Home.”
Jose Luis Hernandez, one of the protesters from the group Sonorans for Health and Life, warned that the protest serves as the “first warning” for the Mexican president to take the coronavirus threat seriously.
Authorities in Mexico have been widely criticized for their seemingly indifference to the health threat. Luis Miguel Barbosa, governor of Puebla, even boasted that poor people are “immune” to the virus.
“If you’re rich you’re at risk, but if you’re poor, no, well us poor, we are immune,” the governor said.
Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador believes that his country will be spared by divine intervention.
He also showed his two amulets which he claims would scare off the disease.
López Obrador refuses to listen to advice of closing down bars and restaurants. He even urges people to go out – he organizes rallies and shakes hands and kisses babies.
U.S. Now Leads the Number of Coronavirus Cases in the World
Even higher than China and Italy.
- The numbers have eclipsed even those in China, where the virus came from.
- Health workers are exhausted and hospitals are resorting to desperate measures to keep up.
- Illinois and Michigan could be the next epicenters of the virus, according to health officials.
300 People Dead, 1000 Fall Ill in Iran After Drinking Methanol, Which Was Falsely Claimed to Heal Coronavirus
They thought it would sanitize their insides.
- Some Iranians thought that high alcohol content can sanitize their body internally.
- One of the patients included a five-year-old boy who had to be intubated.
- Bootleggers add bleach to methanol and then sell it as a drinkable product.
Crocs Is Donating 10,000 Shoes A Day for Healthcare Workers Battling Coronavirus
If you’re a frontliner, you can even send them a request for a free pair.
- Crocs has recently launched a project where they will be donating 10,000 pair of footwear each day for the healthcare workers.
- According to the company, they're hoping to make frontliners feel "more comfortable" as they perform their duties amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG6 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News7 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”