Some of us just hate it when the alarm rings in the mornings. Besides, who wants to be woken up rudely from peaceful slumber and blissful dreams, right? One man’s “alarm” woke him up so violently, he thought he would never again see the light of day.
Wiley Day, a 32-year-old from Huntsville, Alabama experienced the worst wake-up call in the world when his charging iPhone 7 pumped out about 110 volts of electricity through his body while he was deep in dreamland.
In fact, Day is lucky to be alive.
As is his habit each night before bed, Day plugged his iPhone 7 into an extension cord so he could scroll through his social media accounts before falling asleep.
Most people’s favorite nightcap.
That night, while shifting in his sleep, his dog-tag necklace slipped into the space between his charger’s exposed prongs and the extension cord.
What happened next is something Day will never forget. The resulting electric charge flooded his sleeping body immediately. The heat and electric shock jolted through him and threw him to the floor!
In that exact moment, Day remembered thinking to himself:
“This is how you die.”
His metal dog-tag necklace acted as the conductor that served as the worst “alarm clock” he’d ever had in his life.
Moments after he was literally shocked out of bed, he felt numbness overtake his body, and a huge pressure bore down on his neck. Despite the sensory overload he just experienced, Day was able shout for help, rousing members of his sleeping family.
Fortunately, he also had the presence of mind to pull the scorching necklace from his skin, just as his niece ran into his room. His niece told him he kept yelling “Jesus!” while his sheets smoked around him.
His t-shirt nearly caught on fire.
Right then, Day realized he’d just been electrocuted.
“I could taste burnt wire in my mouth.”
He had other more painful injuries, as well.
His neck sported pieces of missing flesh where his dog-tag chain seared his skin away.
In spite of his ordeal, Day drove himself to the doctor, who immediately sent him straight to the local hospital. From there, he was transferred to the University of Alabama’s Trauma Burn Intensive Care Unit.
He was treated for second and third-degree burns to his neck, chest and hand.
He also received treatment for torn tissue in his left shoulder from where the electric charge left his body.
“My hand still has the chain print on it.”
WAAY-TV interviewed Dr. Benjamin Fail, who attended to Day. He said 100 volts of electricity is enough to kill a person. He estimated Day suffered a 110-volt electric shock.
“He is lucky to be alive.”
As to the iPhone 7 electrocution incident, apparently Day used a cheap extension cord from a local dollar store to charge his phone. He never thought twice about the accessory purchase since so many other people used them to charge their devices.
Apple didn’t comment on Day’s electrocution mishap except to point out a support page on their site which “recommends using only accessories that Apple has certified.”
According to the American Burn Association, cheap and uncertified extension cords cause around 4,700 fires annually that result in 50 deaths, 280 injuries each year.
Cheap and dangerous.
Day has definitely learned his lesson from his near-death experience. A behaviour specialist at an Alabama junior high school, he now speaks about what happened to him, and to warn others about the danger of leaving phones charging overnight.
“I know God saved me because my situation was one in a million. But we are all so plugged in all the time I just can’t help but think.”
Lucky to be alive.
20 Cheaters Who Got Busted And Simply Got What They Deserve
Cheaters never win.
Some people can’t seem to stay in one place that they just had to cheat on their partners. These people are everywhere and while some can be downright honest and can own up to their mistakes, others can be dumb, hopeless cases. The latter are those that have tried over and over to hide their actions but they end up ruining everything and making matters worse.
There are just people who can’t help themselves. But for those who plan on cheating on their partners, getting caught red-handed for cheating on your partner would be the dumbest thing you could ever do. Everyone knows how it works these days – the most common strategy for getting back at a cheater is to publicly shame them.
#1. Because the first step in moving on is to head to the classified ads.
When Even Fish Are Jerks, Sent to Make Your Life Miserable
This may be the most badass fish ever!
Rifts and arguments are inevitable occurrences in human existence. When people come together in one place, conflicts can definitely arise. Of course, it's best if we all live together happily and harmoniously, but there are times when some people just would not make this possible, particularly if they just choose to be plain jerks.
The thing is, conflicts aren't limited to humans. Apparently, animals piss off each other, too, which also means that some animals are jerks, too. Take this particular fish for example.
In a viral video uploaded by a Facebook user named Dawn Oliphant-Dababneh, we'll see a fish peacefully creating a burrow underneath a rock. Obviously, the fish wanted to build a shelter. Then, another fish comes in and does the unthinkable. The video, which was taken at Seaside Tropical Fish in California, is already funny as it is, but the captions that were added just made the scenario a whole lot more hilarious!...
20 Kids Who Explicitly Expressed That They Did Not Want a Sibling
#4 made me laugh so hard!
Having a sibling is one of the best things that can ever happen to anyone. You'll have an instant teasing, travel, eating, drinking buddy, all rolled into one. However, not everyone seems to enjoy having to share the love and attention from their parents. Apparently, some kids look at it as if the whole world has gone against them once they have learned that another baby is on the way.
Some children may struggle with the idea of having a brother or a sister during the early years of their lives. The thing is, some of them don't even try to hide their dislike for their siblings. And, the way these kids show their utter disappointment and disgust are just absolutely hilarious!
From crying non-stop to giving the newborn the dirty finger, we just couldn't help laughing out loud at these kids' antics. Just imagine the parents' reactions when these photos were snapped!...