- Daredevil and flat-earther Michael Hughes died last February 22, 2020 after launching himself in a self-made rocket.
- His death was captured on film by Science Channel as they were filming him for the show Homemade Astronauts.
64-year-old Michael ‘Mad Mike’ Hughes wasn’t only a daredevil. He was also a self-taught rocket scientist. Unfortunately, building his own rocket would eventually lead to his untimely demise.
The amateur astronaut recently passed away in Barstow, California after launching himself in his homemade rocket. He was aiming to fly 5,000 ft up in the sky.
The Science Channel has been following and filming Mike and his project, featuring him in the program Homemade Astronauts.
In a Twitter post by the Science Channel, we read:
“Our thoughts & prayers go out to his family & friends during this difficult time. It was always his dream to do this launch.”
Back in March 2019, Mike successfully launched his rocket about 1,875 feet. This gave him the confidence to aim for a higher target – and he has since been performing other stunts and flying homemade rockets.
Things didn’t go as planned this time around.
His rocket’s safety parachute quickly broke off upon his launch and then his shuttle came crashing down. There were round 50 people who witnessed the tragic incident as they watched him launch the rocket he made.
Justin Chapman, a journalist, said Hughes’ rocket “fell about 150 meters from the launch site.”
Hughes previously held a Guinness World Record after performing an amazing 103-feet jump while riding a Lincoln Town Car stretch limousine.
Aside from being a stuntman and a rocket scientist, Hughes was also a dedicated Flat Earth conspiracy theorist. “The Flat Earth thing is like everything else to me,” Hughes told CBS in 2018. “I just want people to question everything.”
Meanwhile, Hughes said in a Space.com interview that being a Flat Earther had “nothing to do” with his rocket projects, adding he mainly did it “to inspire people.”
Watch this video report:
Heartbreaking Video Shows Bullied Kid With Dwarfism Begging Mom For Rope To Kill Himself
Often bullied for his height, the boy already wants to end his life.
- Quaden Bayles, 9, has often been bullied at school.
- The 9-year-old boy from Brisbane, Australia was born with dwarfism.
- In a viral video, the kid can be seen in tears, telling his mom he wants to end his life because of all the bullying.
People in Singapore Are Allegedly Putting Condoms on Their Fingers When Touching Elevator Buttons
The rubbers were flying off the shelves for a weird purpose.
- Condoms flew off the shelves along with food and other basic necessities.
- People supposedly used the rubbers as protection for their fingers against bacteria.
- Photos have been shared on Twitter and Reddit showing people in Singapore wearing condoms on their fingers.
Climate Change Alert: Melting Ice on Everest Reveals Tons of Garbage and Corpses
Melting glaciers on Mount Everest reveals more and more bodies of dead climbers.
- A rescue team hiked and retrieved 53 dead mountaineers from Mt. Everest and its neighbouring mountain Makalu, the fifth highest mountain in the world.
- Along those rescued corpses are lots of garbage, including bottles, cans, mountain gears and even human waste.
Like Us On Facebook
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
U.S. Now Leads the Number of Coronavirus Cases in the World
Service Dog in Training Serves as Stress Reliever for ER Doctors