- Monet van Deventer was driving to work in Cape Town when she stopped for fuel.
- She had left her cards at home and was about to go through a notoriously bad area.
- Nkosikho Mbele paid to fill up her tank rather than risk leaving her stranded.
- Deventer returned later that day to repay Mbele but also set up a crowdfunding page which raised £26,600 ($32,972.94).
With all the negativity in the world, it’s sometimes hard to see the good in people. However, one kindhearted gas station attendant is reminding everyone that there are still a lot of good people out there.
Nkosikho Mbele was hailed a hero after she helped a stranded woman at a Shell garage on the outskirts of South African city Cape Town. His good deed was then rewarded handsomely with the equivalent of eight years worth of pay.
Twenty-one-year-old Monet van Deventer shared that while the petrol attendant was filling up her gas, she told him to stop because she realized that she didn’t have her purse with her. Instead of stopping, Monet said that the kind man told him, “No ma’am you can’t run out of fuel on the N2 it is too dangerous.” He then put R100 of his own money into her tank.
Monet was so impressed with Nkosikho that she started a crowdfunding page for him. The story of the 28-year-old’s generosity was very much appreciated by a lot of people, with the crowdfunding page reaching £26,600 ($32,972.94)— the equivalent of eight years salary.
Nkosikho remains humble even though the story of his kindness has now been spread around the world.
“I was just doing what anyone else would have done, from the heart. I believe there is no black and white and that we are all one people and I just want to bring people together.
His bosses at Shell are also very happy. They agreed to match the donations he was given as long as he passes it to his chosen charity.
Woman Explains Why Self-Care Is NOT About Being Selfish
“You’re the only one who matters” is an “absolute garbage thing to say.” according to this woman.
We've all been hearing about the importance of self-care these past several years. And that's a good thing. Everyone of us should take time for ourselves to ensure that we are mentally, emotionally, and physically well.
Labrador Becomes Foster Dad to Six Ducklings
“Within minutes the ducklings accepted their odd looking new mum and were climbing all over him.”
- Fred the Labrador first became famous by fostering 9 ducklings last year.
- This time, it's 6 ducklings, who got left behind when the mother duckling wandered off.
- The new batch of ducklings immediately warmed up to Fred and accepted him as their new mother.
‘Success Kid’ Meme Shares How Going Viral Saved His Dad’s Life
He totally used his internet fame for good.
- Sammy Griner first became famous in 2007 for a photo of him clenching his first and scrunching lips.
- The baby photo turned into thousands of memes nicknamed the “Success Kid.”
- Eventually, Sammy's fame was used again to help save his dad's life when a kidney transplant was needed.