Dorm life is one of the most integral parts of college. You have to live outside the comfort of your home, and you have to survive on your own.
Dorm life is hard but it doesn’t have to be difficult all the time. Here are 18 hacks that will make life a little easier for you.
1. Personalize your door, so everyone knows where to find your room.
2. Store food and condiments in a shoe organizer for visible and easy access.
3. Hang a removable curtain across your room so you and your roommate can have a little privacy.
4. With all the gadgets that you and your roommate use, it would be hard to know which cord is yours – so label them.
5. Take advantage of any storage space under your bed.
6. You can’t paint or nail into the dorm walls, but you can still decorate it by using washi tapes instead.
7. If you don’t have air condition, you can put a glass of icy water in front of your fan to make the place cooler.
8. Use string lights to post your favorite pictures.
9. Stay organized by making a wall calendar.
10. Since the dorm closet will be much smaller than what you have in your house, use soda tabs to attach multiple hangers together.
11. Hang blackout curtains to help you get your much-needed rest during the weekend.
12. Since making holes in the dorm walls is not allowed, use adhesive hooks to hang your curtains instead.
13. Make a stand to make it easier for you to read and take notes on your laptop at the same time.
To build a bookstand, follow the steps here.
14. Cover your drawers with gift wrappers to add a little color to your desk or dresser.
15. Make your space feel more lively by keeping a few plants.
16. Make a lavender spray by mixing two cups of water, two cups of rubbing alcohol, and 15-20 drops of lavender oil to help you sleep better.
17. Make a first aid kit.
18. Build an inspiration board to make you feel better when you’re feeling the pressure.
Have you tried any of these hacks?
Follow On Facebook
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
5-Year-Old Artist Already Getting Commissioned For Her Paintings
Hiker Discovers Creepy Alien-Like Creature That “Smells Like Rotting Flesh”
New York Store Is Selling ‘Wet Pants Denim’ For $75
Burglary Victim Writes Heartbreaking Note Begging Robber To Return Last Photos Dog
Meet The Gorgeous Actress Who Portrayed Zombie Queen In ‘Army Of The Dead’
Florida School Sparks Outrage After Editing 80 Female Students’ Photos To Cover Their Cleavage
McDonald’s Recruitment Poster Offers New Employees With Free iPhone After Working For 6 Months
Horrific Video Shows Lioness Attacking Circus Trainer In Russia
Taking 4,500 Steps A Day Could Help You Live Longer, Says Research
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture
News7 months ago
Mexican Residents Tie Mayor To Tree After He Failed To Fulfill His Campaign Promise
OMG8 months ago
Chilling Footage Shows Guy Carrying His Tinder Date’s Corpse Inside A Suitcase
OMG7 months ago
Bride Asks Husband If She Can Hug Her Ex-BF “One Final Time” During Wedding
Interesting8 months ago
Diver Coaxes Octopus To Trade His Plastic Cup For A Shell