- Wynn is a regular visitor at the hospital and gives cuddles to hospital staff.
- The dog is stationed at an office where meditation music is playing and the lights are dimmed.
- Dogs like him are trained to provide assistance to children, adults, and veterans with disabilities.
The frontliners are undeniably the biggest heroes that we have right now. During these times, they need and deserve all the joy and comfort that they can get and an adorable 1-year-old labrador is just eager to give them that.
Wynn is being trained for the non-profit Canine Companions for Independence. He shows up to give cuddles at Rose Medical Center in Denver, Colorado where he is being showered with love by the medical staff on the frontlines.
Bringing joy to the stressed workers at the hospital.
Susan Ryan, an emergency physician at the hospital, is the one who trains Wynn.
“Seeing stuff and hearing stuff that you can’t unsee has an impact on you. That’s where the dogs come in. When you are in the presence of the dog and petting them, you are taking a moment to ground yourself at that present time,” she said.
Ryan started training Wynn since the dog was eight weeks old. She takes the puppy to the hospital frequently and his visits are “the brightest part of our day,” according to the doctor.
Now Wynn’s main duty is to bring puppy love to the staff, who definitely need it to relieve their stress.
The dog usually stays in the social workers office, where meditation music is playing and the lights are dimmed.
Of course, everyone who comes in contact with the cute lab washes their hands thoroughly before touching her.
Wynn with Ryan, who is wearing a face shield and mask.
Ryan will be taking care of Wynn until the dog becomes 18 to 22 months old. Afterwards, he will advance to a professional training program at a training center.
Canine Companions for Independence is a non-profit organization that provides assistance dogs to children, adults, and veterans with disabilities. The group does this free of charge. Their website provides a daily live stream showing adorable puppies in action.
Student Forms a Group of “Shopping Angels” To Help Old People Get Groceries During Pandemic
Because there’s always room for more kindness in this world.
- Jaydee Powell got the idea when her mother mentioned calling elderly neighbors to ask if they need anything.
- She started with fellow fraternity members for volunteers and later got more from all over the U.S.
- The group created a GoFundMe account for those who can't afford to buy necessities.
73-Year-Old Woman Defies Expectations and Becomes a True Fitness Goal
Age is truly nothing but a number.
- Joan MacDonald got tired of being helpless and taking maintenance meds.
- Along with proper diet, she started lifting weights and doing yoga
- She spends at least five days a week at the gym.
Italian Volunteers Give Away FREE 3D-Printing Valves To Help COVID-19 Patients
“They tested it on a patient and they told us that it worked well and so we ran again back to our office and we started to print new valves.”
- A group of Italian volunteers 3D-printed valves and distributed to hospitals, amidst shortage of the device.
- An early report stated that they have been threatened and sued by the device manufacturer for reproducing their patented valve.
- Both parties, however, denied that such incident happened,and they clarified that the volunteers reached out to the company for the valve patents.
- After they refused to share due to strict company rules, the volunteers customized the valve for 3D-printing.
Like Us On Facebook
Filipino Guy Creates Prosthetic Face Mask That Looks Creepy And Cool
Crazy Norway Landslide Sweeps Away 8 Houses Into The Sea
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
- Interesting6 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG6 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring6 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- Sci/Tech6 days ago
Hawaii’s Pūhāhonu: Earth’s Largest Volcano Discovered Underneath Two Rocky Peaks