- A video recently went viral online, showing six airline crew members restraining a Chinese woman after coughing on a female flight attendant.
- Apparently, the passengers of Thai Airline were held up for 10 hours in Shanghai for COVID-19 check.
- The irate Chinese woman asked the flight attendant to open the door so she can get out.
- When she was told to wait, the passenger swung her arms and allegedly coughed at one of the attendants.
A video featuring a Chinese woman being tackled by a Thai Airways flight attendant recently went viral. Although the video only showed the part where crew members were restraining her, reports said that the passenger became aggressive after being held for about 10 hours inside the plane.
Passengers described the incident as a “crazy and shocking” commotion after they witnessed an impatient Chinese woman demanding the flight attendant to open the doors for her so she can get out.
The Thai Airways flight, which has landed in Shanghai, was held up for 10 hours to wait for the Chinese airport authority’s coronavirus check.
Feeling irritated about the long wait, the woman told the staff she wanted get out but was told to wait. She then aggressively swung her arms and deliberately coughed at one of the female flight attendants, trying to pressure the staff to open the doors for her.
The senior male flight attendant warned her but the woman’s rampage continued, resulting in a scuffle. A male member “put her in a headlock” to restrain her.
“Come here help, put her down,” the flight attendant said to his fellow airline member, while asking for handcuffs.
Thai Airways Flight lieutenant Prathana Pattanasiri confirmed the incident and said that after the Chinese passenger calmed down, the cabin crews explained the protocols to her and she “agreed to sit and wait for screening”.
Pattanasiri, who is also the Vice President of Thai’s Aviation Under Safety Department, said that precautionary measures should be observed amidst the deadly COVID-19 crisis. In particular, passengers who have a travel history from countries stricken with the virus, such as Iran, Japan, South Korea, and Italy, have to be screened.
“We could not open the doors of the plane until instructed to and health officials came to proceed with checks. Therefore, Thai Airways had to wait for seven hours before officials arrived at the inspection queue,” he further explained.
Netizens had different reactions about the incident with some saying that the cabin crew went overboard in handling the situation. Others, however, said the woman deserved it for being inconsiderate.
Here are some of the comments:
Watch the video here:
Coronavirus Conference Gets Canceled Because of Coronavirus
Ironically, one of the canceled events is supposed to tackle the disease.
- A conference about coronavirus in New York has been canceled to avoid spread of the dreaded disease.
- The state has implemented a 1-mile radius containment zone to further control the virus.
- Next to Washington, New York has the most number of infected individuals in the United States.
Italy Places Entire Country Under Quarantine To Fight Spread of Coronavirus
Italy has implemented a nationwide lockdown after a rapid rise of COVID-19 deaths.
- Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has declared a nationwide lockdown in an attempt to further prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- The total number of infected individuals in the country has now exceeded 12,000.
Philippines Declares ‘State of Public Health Emergency’ After Confirming Local Transmission of COVID-19
Confirmed coronavirus cases in the country have now jumped up to 20.
- Philippine President Rodrigo R. Duterte has approved a proposal to declare a State of Public Health Emergency for the country.
- The said executive order makes it easier for the government to implement price freeze and to access needed medical supplies.
- Health officials continue to warn the public about coronavirus prevention as confirmed cases have reached 20.
Like Us On Facebook
239 Experts Claim The Coronavirus is Airborne, Urges WHO to Admit It
China Reports Cases Of The Bubonic Plague That Once Wiped Out 60% Of Europe
Rapper Kanye West Announces He’s Running As U.S. President This 2020
Manila-Based Architects Design Floating Homes That Can Withstand Storms and Floods
- Lifestyle4 days ago
Shelter Dog Who Always Gets Rejected Shows He Can Make His Own Bed
- Interesting6 days ago
5 Countries with the Longest Lunch Breaks in the World
- LifeHacks7 days ago
You’ve Been Threading Needles Wrong Your Whole Life
- News6 days ago
New Flu Virus Found In China Has Pandemic Potential, Says Scientists