Children can really be a handful. Young ones definitely love to explore the world around them, and that could mean putting themselves in rather risky situations. One little girl from the Philippines recently had to be hospitalized after her curiosity led to an emergency.
Filipino mom Mikee Mae Timpug recently posted her story on Facebook. In her post, she talks about her daughter’s medical emergency in the hopes of preventing similar situations from happening to others.
According to Timpug, the problem started when her daughter started having on and off fever.
She wrote on her Facebook post (translated from Filipino):
“In September, my daughter was always getting sick for no reason. She had an intermittent fever until the end of October. Her temperature ranged from 38 to 39 degrees. Sometimes, her fever would last for a week. She would be okay, and then she would get sick again but without a cough or cold.”
The mother also noticed how her daughter would frequently pick her nose.
“On October 29, while I was using my cellphone and Maerel (the daughter) was sleeping, I noticed her breathing sounded dry and her nose was making a whistling sound. I thought her nose was merely dry and had a booger, so I got a cloth and oil and cleaned her nose. She became okay after that.
But the next day, the same thing happened. And that’s when Timpug decided to do some investigating.
She used a flashlight to look up her daughter’s nose.
She was shocked to see something round stuck inside her daughter’s nose.
The mother tried to take the object out, but the child was in pain. The daughter’s ears and nose were also painful. So they went straight to the emergency room to get some help. After an x-ray procedure, it was found that the object was not metal but a round plastic button.
The child had to be given anesthesia to ease the pain of the procedure. The mother wrote on Facebook:
“We don’t know how it got there. I have a feeling it was there for three weeks to a month. There’s really so much you can do to watch over your child, especially when their curiosity strikes.”
According to the mother, it was the second time that something like that happened to her daughter. She told parents to double, or even triple, their efforts in watching over their children.
The mother also took a short clip of her daughter to document her discovery.
SHARE KO LANG EXPERIENCE NAMIN PARA PO MAGING AWARE YUNG MGA MOMMIES OUT THERE..BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRYTRIPLE INGAT…
Two Things to Remember if This Happens to Your Child
#1. Try only once, then go to the doctor
Make only one attempt to remove the object on your own unless of course you think the situation is life threatening. The more you try and fail, the less cooperative your child will become when the doctor finally attempts to remove it. This increases the possibility of needing a surgical operation to remove the object.
#2. The ‘Mother’s kiss’ Technique
If you attempt to handle the situation at home, you can try the so called “mother’s kiss” technique, which works best for small, hard objects like beads. Follow the following steps for the kiss method.
Place your mouth over your child’s mouth.
Hold the nostril that isn’t blocked closed with a finger.
Blow gently into your child’s mouth.
You can use this process to remove hard objects without a doctor’s help. Using this gentle pressure to force the object out is successful about 60 percent of the time
11-Inch Parasitic Worms Found In Soldier Who Escaped North Korea
The soldier shows how much suffering there is in North Korea.
The world was shocked when a viral video of a young soldier braved escaping North Korea circulated online. The soldier ran to the heavily-guarded barricade separating North and South Korea.
The 24-year-old soldier known only for its namesake “Oh” attained five bullet wounds in the lungs and intestines as he ran to his freedom. He was saved by South Korean soldiers and was immediately rushed to the intensive care unit.
The defecting North Korean soldier was rushed to the Intensive Care Unit after he was rescued by South Korean troops.
35 Crappy Life Hacks That Are Just Straight-Up Terrible Yet Funny
Admit it: They somehow make sense.
Life hacks are great and awesome, alright? No one is going to argue with that. However, there are those that we call “shitty life hacks,” and judging from the name alone, you know exactly how they work. While they somehow have a point, you just could not help but laugh at them.
For starters, we can go with “turn up the volume of the radio if the car is getting noisy.” I think you get the message wide and clear. But wait, we are not done here. There are a lot of these crappy tips that you need to know of – and they are all listed below!
#1. If you are tired of boiling water, boil a few galloons and freeze the rest later.
Apparently, Doughnuts Sprinkled With Insects Is Now A Thing!
Would you eat a cricket-covered doughnut?
Whether you are a fan of doughnuts or not, one sprinkled with insects is probably the last thing to pop up in your mind when you think about these sweet treats. And yet, here we are and, as the title above tells us, an insect-filled doughnut is now officially a thing.
According to recent reports, Doughnut Time recently opened shop in London and they are now selling cricket-topped doughnuts. Needless to say, the controversial food time immediately made headlines everywhere!
Talk about a stomach-churning doughnut!
Awesome Family Gathers Over 5,000 Christmas Gifts For Needy Families
Woman Gets Tattooed From Head to Toe, Spends Almost £20,000
Job Applicant Gets Rejected 5 Minutes After Entering The Building
China Launches World’s First-Ever 6G Satellite in Orbit
Culture4 days ago
Girl, 13, Forced To Marry 48-Year-Old Man And Cares For His Kids Who Are The Same Age As Her
News6 days ago
Second Human Who Got Moderna’s “95% Effective” Vaccine Says Only Side Affect Is A “Slightly Sore Arm”
OMG6 days ago
23 Micro Cameras Hidden In The Most Unexpected Places
Entertainment5 days ago
More Than 1 Million Fans Want Amber Heard Fired From Aquaman 2